Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #16
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
To sum it up: OI is a distro project.
OK.

Thats where I was wrong, I thought you were writing a new user interface too intertwined into the distro project..
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #17
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
OpenInkPot is IMHO a project born to fail. Reason is, its goals are far too general for a good project to be strived for one team. This project seeks to be:
* A kernel project
* A user interface project
* + targets *all* readers.

Pick out at most two of these 3 to make one senseful project, but all 3 is IMHO just too much.
Gee... So the fact that there's a *working* OS (kernel) and an initial implementation of a GUI as well as the beginnings of not just a reader but a bookshelf... I guess they really don't exist, yes? Way to totally ignore observable reality.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #18
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
OK.

Thats where I was wrong, I thought you were writing a new user interface too intertwined into the distro project..
Ummm... EFL is going to be the UI. It's a graphical UI (GUI) and they've already got a bare-bones version up and running on the V3. Of course, OI being a Linux distro, if someone really, really *WANTS* to port another GUI to it, that's okay. In fact, I believe it should be encouraged. Why? Because as e-ink EPD displays become more common and have more features added, I'm quite sure that we'll be seeing other devices being created. Who's to say that by 2010 we won't be seeing EPD cell-phone watches with full-color EPD displays capable of 50FPS video? No doubt the EFL gui is not going to be quite as suitable for such a device.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #19
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Who's to say that by 2010 we won't be seeing EPD cell-phone watches with full-color EPD displays capable of 50FPS video? No doubt the EFL gui is not going to be quite as suitable for such a device.
It is. Just have a look at E17.
dottedmag is offline   Reply With Quote