Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
graypal
graypal began at the beginning.

Device: cybook opus, kindle paperwhite
Anyone heard of the zzBook?

Hi

I have had a cybook opus for about 8 months, and am really happy with it.

However I was looking at ereaders last night, because I am after after a slightly bigger one to read at home, and came across one I have not seen before, the zzbook.

It has a 7 inch screen, as opposed to the 5 inch, and while it is not e-ink, it says it is like reading normal paper, but also plays videos, photos, and plays music, so I just jumped in and ordered it

Can't seem to find anything about it on the net and was wondering if anyone here has heard about them.

Probably should have asked before pressing "buy" but it does look to be just what I was after.

Thanks

Gray
graypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
mojo2745
mojo2745 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi I've been looking at that one myself and it sounds too good to be true.
it states a price of £129..
here are the specs..
ZzBook E-Reader HD

The ZzBook E-Reader is more than just an Ebook reader. It utilises a special

c-paper colour screen to not only allow you to read books, but to view photos watch movies and listen to your favourite music or radio in HD quality!

Key Features:

* 7" colour c-paper LCD screen resolution: 800 x 480 720p

* 2GB Internal memory

* Micro SD expansion slot up to 16GB

* EBook Formats supported:ANSI/UNICODE TXT/PDF/HTML/FB2/PDB/EPUB

* Music playback with MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC,OGG,WAV, AAC, formats

* Song lyrics and album cover art with .LRC files and TAG edit

* Listen to music or radio whilst reading a e-book or magazine

* 720p Video playback with MP4, MPEG2,VOB,AVI,RM,MKV,DAT,3GP

* Image Formats supported: JPEG ,JPG,BMP

* Slim design, measures 203mm(H) x 133W) x 12mm(D)

* Built in radio

* Built in calendar

* Integral Speaker

* Power Off timer

* Voice recorder function

* Screen rotate feature to read in portrait or landscape

* Easy PC Sync via USB 2.0 cable

* Anti glare screen for maximum reading comfort

Other Features:

* Rechargeable 7.4V Li-Polymer Battery - 2000mAh

* EBook playback: 3000 pages

* Video playback: 5 hours

* Audio playback: 30 hours with earphones
mojo2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
this? http://zzbook.co.uk/

I have seen the shell before from one of the Chinese manufacturer. Im a bit annoyed at them for calling a normal LCD display "c-paper". seems like they are trying to mislead people to think there is something special about it.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds like a standard 7" Android tablet.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
LCD - that gives the game away. If you like reading from the e-ink screens, then avoid this one. Unless you want an LCD screen.
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert