Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 03:10 AM   #1
Ashley
Ashley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Talking San Francisco City and Event Guide (Kindle Edition)

I wanted to go out on a vacation with my family and was unsure if I should buy the San Francisco City and Event Guide (Kindle Edition).
After looking through many other travel guides, mostly copy-dense volumes, I admit to having been rather skeptical of the utility of this large &. profusely-illustrated book. I think I shouldn’t have worried at all.
The Kindle version of San Francisco City and Event Guide provides the most up to date and relevant travel information for San Francisco. It has also listed down latest restaurants, bars, nightlife, events, attractions, shopping and more. The content is organized by theme and category and it provides maps, images, and much more.
This guide handily divides San Francisco into several sections, and covers each one in generous depth. The collection of maps was easy to read and pretty comprehensive. And because the illustrations are large and lavish, it was no problem finding the information we needed quickly,keeping us from having to stand on street corners thumbing frantically through guidebooks like, well, like tourists.
Many travel guides become obsolete very quickly. But I think this volume is one of the very few that may be worth hanging on to now that we’re back home.
The book is a must-have if you’re travelling for the first time to San Francisco. I never tire of thumbing through my San Francisco City and Event Guide .

Here’s the link
http://www.amazon.com/Francisco-City...9882510&sr=8-1
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:10 AM   #2
Ashley
Ashley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Anyone else whose tried it?
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
No I haven't. but here is a possible future for those so inclined. Producing tourist information that is easy to update, current events etc for popular cities that can be downloaded free of charge to a Kindle through Whispernet. Amazon can charge the city a small distribution fee and the city save loads of money by downsizing their tourist office.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ohhhhh! I wonder if Michelin guides will become available!?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ohhhhh! I wonder if Michelin guides will become available!?
Errrr.... yes: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss....81_327&fsc=-1

No US sites that I saw though.

Oops - San Francisco: http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-Trave...0255959&sr=1-3
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert