Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
Transferring books to Reader

Whenever I transfer a PDF ebook to my reader, I get the error message, "a problem occurred with the program, it will have to shut down, do you wish to send a message Microsoft." I answer no, the program does not shut down but transfers the PDF file to my reader. It does this everytime I send a PDF ebook to the reader. It does not do this with ePub.

Does anyone else have this happen to them?
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can remove the error message by going to

Preferences->Plugins->Metadata writer plugins and disabling the PDF metadata writer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
Thanks, I did as you recommended. I assume I'll still be able to add metadata to the books I have on calibre. Some of the books I purchase load into calibre with author unknown.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote