Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #16
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Link?
Its not a link, I just ftp'd to the address, logged in and guessed at a file name.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #17
Lord_Pall
Lord_Pall began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-505, reb1200, reb1100
I've been having this. It's really beginning to piss me off. I like this device, but it's being ridiculously picky about what it chooses to read.

If it didn't just hang on the hourglass I'd be less irritated too.

I mailed ectaco, their suggestion was to stick with txt as the converted format. Opening a working txt file and then an epub seems to help (but that could be luck)

Is there a sure fire format I can convert to to keep this working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
So I appear to have successfully uploaded the firm ware, but things still are not, shall we say perfect. Some epubs appear to hang the reader. In particular the ones I am having problems with are some (but not all) that I have downloaded from feedbooks. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

--
Bill
Lord_Pall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #18
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
[sigh] Tried it on the Mac and still can't get in open. Guess non-Wintel users are out of luck.
Why don't you just take a card reader to the library and download it there, copy it to a card and wallah!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #19
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Why don't you just take a card reader to the library and download it there, copy it to a card and wallah!
That problem has already been solved.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Pall View Post
I've been having this. It's really beginning to piss me off. I like this device, but it's being ridiculously picky about what it chooses to read.

If it didn't just hang on the hourglass I'd be less irritated too.

I mailed ectaco, their suggestion was to stick with txt as the converted format. Opening a working txt file and then an epub seems to help (but that could be luck)
That is not, in my mind, an acceptable solution. After all, they are advertising support for epub, they really should get it right. At the very least, they should admit the problem and say they are working on a solution.

On the plus side, the Jetbook is handling PDFs much better than it use to.

Quote:
Is there a sure fire format I can convert to to keep this working?
[/quote]

I would like to know that too.

--
Bill
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #21
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
When you updated, did you try resetting to defaults? Might be worth a shot, even though it's not in the current update instructions anymore.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #22
bill_mchale
Wizard

Haven't tried that yet... its worth a shot. I might give it a try tonight.

--
Bill
Old 09-16-2009, 02:01 AM   #23
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Do you still need a degree in order to install the firmware?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #24
bill_mchale
Wizard

Nah, the firmware upgrade process is pretty easy, provided you can unzip the firmware package.

--
Bill