Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Run for the Hills! Swine Flu!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8020676.stm

This thing has me terrified, and seems to be getting worse every day. All I can think about is that Dustin Hoffman film "Outbreak". Anybody know where I can get surgical masks in bulk

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
What should really scare you is Ebola Reston, the 1989 outbreak of the Ebola virus in Reston, VA. The only reason it wasn't an epidemic was that this particular strain of the virus wasn't communicable to people.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8020676.stm

This thing has me terrified, and seems to be getting worse every day. All I can think about is that Dustin Hoffman film "Outbreak". Anybody know where I can get surgical masks in bulk
From USAToday

"Q: How can people protect themselves?

A: As always, people should wash their hands frequently, Besser said. In the past, the CDC has said there isn't conclusive evidence to support using face masks. Surgical masks are designed to prevent the wearer from spreading germs, but may also catch large respiratory droplets if someone sneezes nearby. In a 2007 statement, the CDC said these masks could be worn if someone needs to go to a crowded place, such as a grocery store, for a short time. N95 respirator masks filter out 95% of particles to prevent the wearer from breathing them in. These must be fitted properly around the nose to create a seal, so they can make breathing difficult."

Here is the link to the article on questions about this new flu

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-answers_N.htm
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
What should really scare you is Ebola Reston, the 1989 outbreak of the Ebola virus in Reston, VA. The only reason it wasn't an epidemic was that this particular strain of the virus wasn't communicable to people.
Yikes! I didn't know about that, and I lived outside of Reston around that time.

Don't be scared MoeJoe, it's really just a flu.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe;
This thing has me terrified, and seems to be getting worse every day. All I can think about is . . . . . . .
Is this the one you mean ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SheepPig-.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	28112  
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
I'm not worried and I live in NYC, where the most outbreaks have take place in my state.

really. if there are less than 1000 outbreaks I wont flinch. NYC has nearly 10 million people

there are more people killed in car accidents while I typed this out than have been infected by swine flu, let alone killed by it
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
The World suddenly feels very small -

latest confirmed cases USA, Canada, Mexico and Spain.

possibles UK, France, Israel, Brazil, Australia & New Zealand .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
OMG, what is wrong with that hog? Are they supposed to be fleecy like that? Gross!!!

One of our docs came in Sat from San Diego. He's sick, stood here in the cube coughing. I chased him out, the girl in the next cube told him Obama wants him to go home, and we Lysol'd everything. I still feel the little viruses creeping up on me!

Last edited by DixieGal; 04-27-2009 at 10:59 AM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The confirmed case in Spain is right here in Valencia!!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
The confirmed case in Spain is right here in Valencia!!

Are there any other suspected cases in Spain?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 AM   #11
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal;
Are there any other suspected cases in Spain?
Yes about 20 students I think, don't know for sure, will be headline on tonight's news (as rest of world) I guess
Old 04-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Ten posts in on the MobileRead forum, and no one's even mentioned Stephen King's "The Stand"? I'm impressed! ;-)
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I almost mentioned The Last Centurion. Is that good enough?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Even better- Refuge
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoogeswoman View Post
Ten posts in on the MobileRead forum, and no one's even mentioned Stephen King's "The Stand"? I'm impressed! ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I almost mentioned The Last Centurion. Is that good enough?

Ovr at the "Let's get some action... what are you reading" thread, Desertgrandma said she is going to re-read The Stand. I told her not to freak herself out too badly, seeing as how she is right there close to Mexico. The tiny creepy crawlies can jump the fence!