Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: How many ebooks do you have atm?
<10 18 12.24%
10 - 20 19 12.93%
20 - 40 13 8.84%
>40 97 65.99%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #16
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I delete books from my device as soon as I am done with them. Sometimes, it's like saying good bye to a dear friend.
Boy isn't that the truth!!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Currently 1,180
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I have almost 7,000 Amazon ebooks, but only about 30 are on my Kindle Keyboard. Most of those are reference books, not fiction. I also have some "active content" (games, etc.) on the device.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #19
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
KK3 1400+ On Fire HD 1200+ I only Delete the ones I dont like enough to re-read those are mostly freebies. 99% are Keepers!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #20
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
More than 100 books and my Kindle starts to get heavy.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #21
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
762 at the moment - I just like to be spoiled for choice
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #22
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm a little ashamed to admit I only have 10 right now I usually only keep the ones I'm currently reading/planning to read in the immediate future then delete them after reading (unless I really, really like the book). All ebooks are saved on my laptop hard drive though.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #23
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:45 AM   #24
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Wait... Books? Ooh Good idea!

(< 10)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #25
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3

Yeah, I know I know. But I'm one of those guys who likes to carry my entire library wherever I go, despite the speed hit.....
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #26
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I have 118 ebooks so far. It's almost all of the ebooks I own. I had a bit of trouble stripping the drm off a couple epubs years ago so I wasn't able to convert them to mobi. I have to keep all my books with me, I just can't imagine not being able to read them at any given time. I have issues.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #27
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
I have over 700 in my Calibre library, but only about 250 on my Kindle, representing books to be read. I remove them from Kindle once I've finished. I keep a copy of my Calibre folder on Dropbox so I always have my own cloud source available wherever I can get wifi.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
6 Books on my PW and 175 on the other Kindles. At the beginning of the year I went into the Personal Documents Archive and deleted everything to start over for my new reading challenge. So I have to clean the other Kindles when I get a chance to sync them all together.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #29
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
KK3 1400+ On Fire HD 1200+ I only Delete the ones I dont like enough to re-read those are mostly freebies. 99% are Keepers!
Katie: How do you keep all those books organized on the Fire, doesn't that many make navigating tedious??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #30
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
I usually only keep the ones I'm currently reading/planning to read in the immediate future then delete them after reading (unless I really, really like the book).
This is going off your post, but it's a general question for everyone who does read / delete. Do you also delete from your Kindle library if a) the book was free and b) you know you'll never want to read it again?

I like to keep my libraries small. I delete personal documents right after they've been successfully delivered to my Kindle (unless I'm planning on accessing it on another device). When I download and read a free Kindle book, and know I won't ever want to read it again, I delete it both from my Kindle and my account [same with my beginning free video library on my Fire]. I'm wondering if I'm alone in the read / delete?
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebooks, kindle, poll