Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Lightbulb What are you doing instead of the FIFA WC?

I am afraid that I am one of those types that has no interest in football (soccer) at all. Even though I am pleased that everyone gets together for a proper international event which fosters many positive benefits, it is just not for me.

So I was wondering if you are not into the World Cup what are you doing instead?

To get the ball rolling, I have decided that it is time I had a go at some proper boat building (sort of) so am building a 10 feet 6 inch (3.2 metres) long plywood skiff. The plans are from Hannu's Boatyard. So far the parts are cut out of the two ply sheets and yesterday I did the first bit of fibre glassing (two butt joints to makee the sides) So far so good.

So what are you doing?

(PS sorry if there is already a thread like this, had a look but couldn't see one)

Pev
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
crikey pev, going so far as to build a boat to get away from football ? i'm impressed ! i've not made nearly as many efforts ; on friday i went to see a friend's show, last night i went to a different friend's birthday party, and today i'm being very lazy at home and planning hopefully to make an early night of it (to make up for the past 2 late ones). i find that reading is also a convenient way to avoid football.

i hope you know we want to see photos of that boat of yours...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Last night I fell out of a tree. But that was only to get away from England's poor, oh so very poor, football performance (also, I was quite drunk)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Pev, are you getting ready for the RNLI Lifeboat Week?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Last night I fell out of a tree. But that was only to get away from England's poor, oh so very poor, football performance (also, I was quite drunk)
i'm going to start a list of things i have *not* tried, to get away from football.

1. build a boat.
2. fall out of a tree.
3. get quite drunk (oh, wait... well, it wasn't specifically to get away from football...)

Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
ooooh !!! will you be doing that again ??
Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ooooh !!! will you be doing that again ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
The plan is that we (Team Titanic) will be entering the 4 hour build a boat contest again. However, the boat will be a lot less complex than the one I have just started. We do only get 4 hours to build it lol.

Mind you this one is supposed to be pretty simple (about a 40 hour build time) but I have 8 thumbs and 2 fingers lol
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I spent the majority of the day doing yard work.

I am digging out the last of my lawn in the front and weeding the back.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
So I was wondering if you are not into the World Cup what are you doing instead?
I'm not a sports person at all. I could not care less about any sport out there. I've been spending my time learning about and customizing my eReader, learning Calibre, organizing my large collection of eBooks, and (of course) downloading more eBooks from free sites. I spent all day yesterday sitting on the porch with my PB 301+ and a couple of Mello Yellos. Pure Heaven! Although it felt as hot as Hell...felt over 100 degrees when taking humidity into account.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I have never been been that much of an athletic supporter like some of the people around here are.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 PM   #11
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
I'm not a sports person at all. I could not care less about any sport out there.
That makes 2 of us. I prefer to spend my time reading, which is what I have been doing, or visiting with my children (all of whom are adults with their own families).
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I've been lurking indoors to avoid the 100 temp & humidity levels - armed with eReader & cold fizzy drink & cats. No sports. No TV. Just occasional forays to MR for my media fix!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
I'm not a sports person at all. I could not care less about any sport out there. I've been spending my time learning about and customizing my eReader, learning Calibre, organizing my large collection of eBooks, and (of course) downloading more eBooks from free sites. I spent all day yesterday sitting on the porch with my PB 301+ and a couple of Mello Yellos. Pure Heaven! Although it felt as hot as Hell...felt over 100 degrees when taking humidity into account.
welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I have never been been that much of an athletic supporter like some of the people around here are.
never figured you were a jock strap

when it's a farm, saying yard work doesn't sound quite right... so farm work is keeping me busy
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #14
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
I still don't get soccer.
If it was such a great game then, people would actually watch it instead of singing and fighting.
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by obs20 View Post
I still don't get soccer.
If it was such a great game then, people would actually watch it instead of singing and fighting.
Given the choice between watching a couple dozen men kick a ball around, or singing and fighting, I'd choose the latter any day

As for avoiding it, unfortunately I have to go to work tomorrow, and for the duration of the competition - I am surrounded by footie fans!

Oh and Pev - pics of the boat when it's done please And a report on how well she goes on water!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote