Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #61
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
SNIP (wrong topic, sorry)

Last edited by yayo; 12-16-2013 at 09:19 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #62
robert_22
robert_22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Anybody knows about the price of Onyx Boox C65HD and how much time last the battery on it ?
robert_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #63
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx BOOX Page, inkBOOK Onyx & Obsidian & Calypso+ (Android ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_22 View Post
Anybody knows about the price of Onyx Boox C65HD and how much time last the battery on it ?
As seen in the shop:
https://onyx-boox.com/productsinfo/
C65HD AfterGlow = 149€ (graphite, with light)
C65HD Storia = 129€ (burgundy, without light)

In my yet I install and test a lot, so I can not say anything for sure about the battery endurance...
Overall, not bad
I really like to read it
Anavim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:54 AM   #64
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I tested two units of the tagus lux 2014 (the spanish clone, sold for 119€, of the C65 with light) yesterday at Corte Ingles. The lighting is poor, you can recognize 7 LEDs, all with different strength in lightning, thus all producing different shades . But there are actually 8, 1 was not working one device, and just a tad on the other. And it was the same LED on both device, the second from left.

The OS is ugly imho, but that's the Tagus OS and has nothing to do with the device itself. It was running Android 2.3

The display is very gray compared to PW2 (which I had with me) but mostly I hated the very poor contrast of the fonts.

It is probably OK if you never had a lighted device before, but it is a no go for anyone used to Kindle or Kobo quality.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #65
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I tested two units of the tagus lux 2014 (the spanish clone, sold for 119€, of the C65 with light) yesterday at Corte Ingles. The lighting is poor, you can recognize 7 LEDs, all with different strength in lightning
Quite different is the model that you can buy through https://onyx-boox.com/ and that I have.
The operating system is fast and very stable.
Under the bottom edge of the screen you can see the 5 LEDs with a very pleasant, gentle and uniform light.
Four days ago there was another automatic software update.
Comparison with Kindle or Kobo puts on an equal footing, all these readers.
Perhaps the Spanish clone is a poor beta-version of the model with poor series of e-ink screens.
Cutting costs came to him bad.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #66
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hey, is the Tagus equipped with some kind of TTS or audio player?

EDIT

Nevermind, I found the manual, the new Tagus has audio capability.
http://image.casadellibro.com/docume...agus_Lux_2.pdf

Last edited by yayo; 12-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #67
yayo
Groupie

Does anybody know if there's any other channel of distribution for the C65 in Europe besides Casa Del Libro and Artatech? I'm curious
Old 12-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #68
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Does anybody know if there's any other channel of distribution for the C65 in Europe besides Casa Del Libro and Artatech? I'm curious
https://onyx-boox.com/

Greetings.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #69
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Thanks but that web it's Artatech
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #70
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
In Spain is also available in "El Corte Inglés" department stores brand that has a accord or joint venture or whatever with "Casa del Libro" book shops. Last year Tagus (Onyx i62) was only available in the book shops brand but not in the department stores one.
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #71
yayo
Groupie

Thanks, I 'm trying to follow some russian and polish forums through Google Translator just to get an idea about the quality of the new reader but opinions are quite varied. The russians seem to criticize a lot, maybe they got the same batch as Casa del Libro

(And yes, I know the russian version has no audio player)

Last edited by yayo; 12-30-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #72
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Thanks but that web it's Artatech
Sorry about that. By the way, is there anything wrong with Artatech?
Thank you.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #73
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Thanks, I 'm trying to follow some russian and polish forums through Google Translator just to get an idea about the quality of the new reader but opinions are quite varied. The russians seem to criticize a lot, maybe they got the same batch as Casa del Libro
(And yes, I know the russian version has no audio player)
Yes, there are problems. BUT (!)
- Model S63ML MAGELLAN greatly improved the quality of the screen,
- Model i63ML MAXWELL very well optimized software.
For these models, there is one program - AlReader, that solves almost all the problems with setting, library and reading. For the sake of this program people buy the S63ML and i63ML.
Support PDF and DJvu very weak. :-(

Да, проблемы есть. НО (!)
- в модели С63ML MAGELLAN очень улучшили качество самого экрана,
- в модели i63ML MAXWELL очень хорошо оптимизировали софт.
Для этих моделей есть одна программа - AlReader, что решает почти все проблемы с настройкой, библиотекой и чтением. Ради одной этой программы люди и покупают С63ML и i63ML.
Поддержка PDF и DJvu очень слаба. :-(
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:16 AM   #74
inthemood
Zealot

Hi,

I'm considering the c65 afterglow.

In your experiences, is Artatech a trustworthy store ?

Greetings.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #75
Anavim
Enthusiast

I had no problem with them.
Fast shipping, on-line updates, access to the service ...