Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #1666
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I hope you manage to find them discounted, too!
Unfortunately I don't think they were able to be discounted.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #1667
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Unfortunately I don't think they were able to be discounted.
It will be worth it in the end. I cringed too when I started the Reacher series and paid a ridiculous amount for the book.

I just paid $15 for a Philippa Gregory ebook , but I just couldn't wait any longer. I made up for it by getting the Hunger Games trilogy for $5 .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #1668
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
It will be worth it in the end. I cringed too when I started the Reacher series and paid a ridiculous amount for the book.

I just paid $15 for a Philippa Gregory ebook , but I just couldn't wait any longer. I made up for it by getting the Hunger Games trilogy for $5 .

Yeah, $15 is steep for an ebook! I paid that for Ever After. But heck, when it's your favorite series and a new book just came out what else can you do? lol

I hear many good things about the Reacher series, so yes, hopefully I will like it too! I doubt I can buy what, 18 books in the series at $10.99 each, but then that's what the library is for.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #1669
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
I admire the restraint of many of you. Amazon has their Big Deal going on now, and it's like "Oooo, I like this one, and this one, and this one...."
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #1670
Soldim
Not so important
Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Soldim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 4, iPad, Kobo Glo 4
I have kind of behaved very well this year, and only bought a couple of ebooks. I did splurge though, and bought the paper Modernist Cuisine, including the @Home version for another $100. Shipping is predicted to take a month -- so I will have some time for ebooks before they arrive.
Soldim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #1671
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldim View Post
I have kind of behaved very well this year, and only bought a couple of ebooks. I did splurge though, and bought the paper Modernist Cuisine, including the @Home version for another $100. Shipping is predicted to take a month -- so I will have some time for ebooks before they arrive.
Wow! That would be my book budget for 2 years! I hope there some tasty stuff in there.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #1672
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I am finding it hard to ignore the siren call of an e-book. Positives are: 99 cents, wishlist, short so I can read it right away.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #1673
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If it's on special offer and on your wishlist, go for it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #1674
Sinnermental
Sinnermental began at the beginning.

Device: nexus7
I love waking up each morning and finding a whole slew of interesting novels from authors who aren't established yet.
Sinnermental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #1675
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It is with great pride that I announce that of the 4 books by Paul Bowles that were offered for only $1.99 each on the Kindle Daily Deal yesterday, that I purchased only 3 of them!

Now someone needs to buy me a beer for my restraint.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #1676
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It is with great pride that I announce that of the 4 books by Paul Bowles that were offered for only $1.99 each on the Kindle Daily Deal yesterday, that I purchased only 3 of them!

Now someone needs to buy me a beer for my restraint.

Would I be right in thinking that you already own the fourth one?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #1677
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

Would I be right in thinking that you already own the fourth one?

Actually, I don't own the fourth one.

I had read some of his short stories years and years ago, and remember enjoying them. I haven't read any of his novels, so I thought I'd get two (of the three) that sounded most interesting to me.

I'll end up buying that other novel, though. I've just finished two of his short stories and they are wonderful.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #1678
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Oh well I have to break my good run for the year. I have brought only 2 Rhiannon Frater and Fear Collector so far this year. But I am so hooked on the trashie deathland books. There are 60 more of them I need, so I will give in. Biggest annoyance is amazon do not do them so I have to get them from b&n and convert them all for my kindle.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #1679
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
Oh well I have to break my good run for the year. I have brought only 2 Rhiannon Frater and Fear Collector so far this year. But I am so hooked on the trashie deathland books. There are 60 more of them I need, so I will give in. Biggest annoyance is amazon do not do them so I have to get them from b&n and convert them all for my kindle.

applesauce
Unless they're on a very good offer, don't buy them all at once. Who knows - in six months or a year there might be a good sale on.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #1680
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
They are actually cheaper than the paper backs. That is a shock and 15% off. But I agree I will do them in batchs and keep an eye out for a better deal before jumping on them all at once.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote