Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
keving1701
Trekker
keving1701 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
lit conversion with the Kindle.

I converted a .lit file using ABC lit converter. I then used Mopipocket to make it Kindle friendly. The book displays great on my Kindle, but it is listed on my Kindle home page as ABC Lit Converter, rather than the actual title of the book. I've tried everything I could think of to fix this, but so far I've been unable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
keving1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Please, use ConvertLit+mobigen. It is way superior to ABC converter.

You can use tompe's mobiperl suit to modify the title of your already converted books. Mobiperl actually has a lit2mobi program which is roughly equivalent to ConvertLit+mobigen.
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #3
keving1701
Trekker
keving1701 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank You, I'll give this a try.

Kevin
keving1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Definitely use lit2mobi it's great and easy to use.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you used MobiPocket Creator, it should be possible to change the Title before creating the MOBI file (or edit the .opf file directly, since it presumably has ABC Lit Converter listed as the title). An alternative is to use mobi2mobi to change the title of the final MOBI file.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by keving1701 View Post
I converted a .lit file using ABC lit converter. I then used Mopipocket to make it Kindle friendly. The book displays great on my Kindle, but it is listed on my Kindle home page as ABC Lit Converter, rather than the actual title of the book. I've tried everything I could think of to fix this, but so far I've been unable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
There are BUGS in ABC Amber LIT Converter. Don't use it. There are much better ways to convert. Just read around the forum to find out how to do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote