Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-15-2024, 08:35 AM   #1
JaapV
JaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJaapV makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Error “-gamma” in command line options documentation of K2PDFOpt

Recently, I tried to make a PDF lighter that I had run through K2PDFOpt for my Pocketbook, because the result was much darker than the original. So, I came across the command line options file on https://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/help/options.shtml . Under the heading of “-mode <mode>” it says: “If you want a perfect copy, do this: -mode copy -gamma 1 -s- -cmax 1”. So I tried that; didn't work. I did get “-gamma 1” in the file list of K2PDFOpt's GUI, though. Huh? I looked further and found out that you have to give K2PDFOpt “-g” instead of “-gamma”. Then, the option worked, and with “-g 1.5” I got just the right amount of lightening up of the result file.

I don't know how long this documentation error has been there, but I guess it's years. I've been using K2PDFOpt years ago, and it was already present then. So, I tought I'd mention it. As I couldn't find an appropriate forum, I chose the “PDF” forum to post in.

Regards, Jaap.
JaapV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 06:05 PM   #2
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yes, that's probably been a documentation error for a long time. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix in the next release.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert