Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #26671
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Guinness Red Harvest Stout -

Quote:
Guinness Red Harvest Stout was introduced in September 2013. sold in 14.9oz widget cans: 4.1% alcohol by volume (ABV); Inspired by the ancient Celtic festival of samhain, the seasonal Guinness Red Harvest Stout has a mildly sweet velvety taste and deep red hue. Crafted with a blend of lightly roasted barley and sweet Irish malt.
very smooth with a characteristic Guinness 'tang' on the back of the tongue. Very rich, velvety mouth feel & taste - goes well with food or by itself.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #26672
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

Over the river, and through the wood,
To Grandmother's house we go;
the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh
through the white and drifted snow.

Over the river, and through the wood,
to Grandmother's house away!
We would not stop for doll or top,
for 'tis Thanksgiving Day.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sac2CVHs5Do )

I miss my Grandma...s...

Good morning, everyone! Saw our first Thanksgiving decorations last night. Merchants don't give us a break between holidays, do they. But I do love remembering those wonderful family dinners at Grandma's house... Huge turkeys with sausage stuffing, pumpkin pies, corn on the cob,roasted potatoes, freshly baked bread... all prepared by the family of domestic help, one of whom worked for each of our households, mother, daughters and sisters. (They were our 'mothers' from 9-5...Raised us all with an iron hand covered in a well-padded silk glove.) Uncle Jack pretty drunk by 4pm, pinching bottoms of all the younger women, Uncle Harold sitting with cousins David, Robert, and Alan, shouting at the football game on TV... Us kids playing with cousin Bobby's birthday toys that he always received at this family gathering. Seemed like hundreds of people, although probably never more than 30 or 40. Nice memories. (Names have been changed to protect the guilty.)

Drinking Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea this Sunday morning, looking out over the Chiang Mai valley and thinking about how to enjoy the day... But first, breakfast. No Food Lady on Sundays so I guess the day begins with cooking up some vittles... But first, more tea!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #26673
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Finally home, fresh showered, and washing all the yard clothes. No matter how much I cover up and wear a mask, dirt and little bugs (including spiders) always try to find their way to my hair and under my clothes. I usually hit the shower within 30 seconds of coming in the front door.

Waiting for my latte to arrive with dinner.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #26674
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Nearly the last of that giant bottle of 12 year Glenlivet. After a day of heads down on Active Directory and DHCP.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #26675
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Fresh squeezed orange juice. A new batch of oranges picked up yesterday, these are late season (very late season) California Valencias. Full of flavour, and with good sweetness. But I'd guess these were actually picked a month or two ago, since I really doubt that there are any Valencias being picked this late in the Valley. But they've been well kept, and they should hold me until the early California Navels start.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #26676
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fresh ground Sumatra coffee in my cup for a very windy and cold morning.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #26677
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Ginger ale.. I have the icky tummy
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #26678
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
The bubbles should help!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #26679
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
And strider keeps stomping on me
Old 11-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #26680
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
When we feel sick, our cats do their best to take our minds off our ailments ....

Or else he's trying to drive out the evil spirits from your tummy
Old 11-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #26681
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And I awoke today and found the frost perched on the town
It hovered in a frozen sky and gobbled summer down
When the sun turns traitor cold
And shivering trees are standing in a naked row
I get the urge for going but I never seem to go
And I get the urge for going when the meadow grass is turning brown
Summertime is falling down winter's closing in.

I had a girl in summertime with summer colored skin
And not another man in town my darling's heart could win
But when the leaves fell trembling down
And bully winds did rub their face down in the snow
She got the urge for going I had to let her go
She got the urge for going when the meadow grass was turning brown
And summertime was falling down and winters closing in.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3isWmJAlfk )

Getting it ready for tonight's jam...

Good morning, everyone! What a historic day! Howard Carter and his men found the entrance to Pharaoh Tutankhamun's tomb in the Valley of the Kings on this day, back in 1922, turning so many of us into amateur Egyptologists! I raise my mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea to you, Howard!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
The bubbles should help!
Pooh... I believe it's the ginger rather than the bubbles that do the work. We use any kind of ginger food (gingersnap cookies, candied ginger, ginger ale, etc.,) as natural motion sickness remedy, as well as for ordinary upset stomach. My mother used gingersnap cookies to effectively alleviate the side effects of Chemo therapy.

Stitchawl
Old 11-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #26682
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:

Last week I had a very bad migraine .... and spent several hours lying on the floor in a dark bathroom .....

Sammie cat came in hourly, screeched in my ear to make sure I hadn't died yet, then head butted me and then walked out ... what a nurse cat!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #26683
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Pooh... I believe it's the ginger rather than the bubbles that do the work. We use any kind of ginger food (gingersnap cookies, candied ginger, ginger ale, etc.,) as natural motion sickness remedy, as well as for ordinary upset stomach. My mother used gingersnap cookies to effectively alleviate the side effects of Chemo therapy.
Very true!

For me it's both the bubbles & the ginger - I treat my 'icky tummy' episodes with either ginger rooibos or club soda .... depends on what my tummy will keep down ...
Old 11-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #26684
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Woke up, it was a Chelsea morning, and the first thing that I heard
Was a song outside my window, and the traffic wrote the words
It came a-reeling up like Christmas bells, and rapping up like pipes and drums
Oh, won't you stay
We'll put on the day
And we'll wear it 'till the night comes

Woke up, it was a Chelsea morning, and the first thing that I saw
Was the sun through yellow curtains, and a rainbow on the wall
Blue, red, green and gold to welcome you, crimson crystal beads to beckon
Oh, won't you stay
We'll put on the day
There's a sun show every second

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50LAFfIcL1Q )

And it really is!

Good morning, everyone! It's another sun show outside my window. The air is crystal clear and I can see the tops of the mountains 15 miles away on the other side of the valley. God, I love it!

Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea in my cup today. It will be a quick run down to the Food Lady, then off to the Motor Vehicle Department to get my Thai driver's license. Thank God it won't be the trial that getting a Japanese license was. All we had to do was get the proper paperwork assembled. Yesterday we had our medical check-ups and got that form finished. ($1.50 US for each of us for a physical. Thailand is a cheap place to live...) At the MVD, I'll have to take a color-blindness test, pay $5, and get my licenses... 2 of them. Separate licenses for car and motorcycle. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

Stitchawl
Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #26685
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
When we feel sick, our cats do their best to take our minds off our ailments ....

Or else he's trying to drive out the evil spirits from your tummy
Quote:
Very true!

For me it's both the bubbles & the ginger - I treat my 'icky tummy' episodes with either ginger rooibos or club soda .... depends on what my tummy will keep down ...
I have lots of tiny little bruises on my body seriously, 27 pounds doesn't sound like a lot, but when it is on the end of a cat paw it can be very heavy and this is NOT a fat cat!!!! very athletic!

I agree on the ginger and bubble combination. I appreciate having a soda stream as I can now do bubbly water without sugar and WITH ginger!

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?