Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Questions regarding the lightwedge

I tried using the search options but couldn't find the answers I was looking for, probably because the topics are so old.

I was wondering if the light can be removed from the lightwedge cover and if so, can the cover itself be bent back like the original covers that comes with the 505's?

I think I recall that the lightwedge can actually cause scratches to the screen but I'm not certain if that is correct. Anyone remember anything regarding this issue?

Thanks!
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:11 AM   #2
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I have been using the lightwedge as my primary cover, even though I have three others. In months of use, I have not had a single scratch. It is impossible to remove the lightwedge from the cover, but you can fold back the front cover, leaving the wedge on the from of the 505, allowing you to use it with one hand.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Actually, it is possible to remove the wedge. I've just started doing that instead of always swapping covers. The wedge attaches to the cover in the same way the reader does. Once unattached, the cover does fold back nicely.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I like my lightedge. It pops out of the cover very easily and then you fold the cover back just like the regular cover.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
MerLock
Evangelist
MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MerLock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for all the quick responses.

I don't have the wedge yet but it seems like it can be removed from the cover by unattaching it from the 'hinges' at the top and bottom? And does the reader have to be removed from the cover before the wedge can be removed?
MerLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
Thanks for all the quick responses.

I don't have the wedge yet but it seems like it can be removed from the cover by unattaching it from the 'hinges' at the top and bottom? And does the reader have to be removed from the cover before the wedge can be removed?
I read in landscape mode all the time, and just flip the light up when not in use. The cover itself is nice and soft, like the original cover, and folds completely under. The hinges for the light are sturdier than the hinges that hold the reader itself. Mine has gone through a lot of abuse, but no scratches or anything. A lifeguard did try to steal it and dropped it, which broke the hinges that the reader was held by. I just put some Velcro dots on and stuck it to the back cover. It works better than the hinge ever worked.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
And does the reader have to be removed from the cover before the wedge can be removed?
Nope. The light wedge can easily be removed while the reader stays attached to the cover.

dordale
Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
dordale
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
A lifeguard did try to steal it and dropped it, which broke the hinges that the reader was held by. I just put some Velcro dots on and stuck it to the back cover.
Some lifeguard! What made him/her think he/she could get away with stealing your Reader! Woe to anyone who tries to steal my reader!!

dordale
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #9
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
I have been using the lightwedge as my primary cover, even though I have three others. In months of use, I have not had a single scratch. It is impossible to remove the lightwedge from the cover, but you can fold back the front cover, leaving the wedge on the from of the 505, allowing you to use it with one hand.
What kind of lightwedge do you have? The lightedge and the Reader are each attached to the cover by a pair of pins along the spine, top and bottom. You can detach either the Reader or the lighhtwedge (or both) from the cover, the same way you remove the 505 from the stock cover. Very easy to do.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote