Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Lightwedge?

With the http://booksonboard.com/index.php?BO...uct&PRODUCT=35 Cybook basic. What (if any) is the best lightwedge to buy? http://www.lightwedge.com/

Main usage for the light is reading in bed. I'm currently using a EBW1150, but my eyes start to hurt after 30 mins.

Thanks,
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I just use a plain old-fashioned reading lamp, same as I use for paper books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #3
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
I'm not sure you will be happy with a lightwedge - I tried a Lightwedge-Imitation (cost 10€) that I'm sure is not the same quality as the original one but uses the same concept.
It works really well on Paper but the problem with the Cybook is that - the wedge being bigger than the screen itself - there is a distance between the wedge and the display so the screen doesn't get illuminated enough, the wedge shines (scratches shine especially bright) but the screen stays rather dark.

My guess is that you will be happier with a normal reading-lamp (it's cheaper aswell )
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
My guess is that you will be happier with a normal reading-lamp (it's cheaper aswell )
Thanks for the reply! I think I'm going to buy a paperback for the first time in 8 years (Palm's before the EBW) and see if my wife freaks out with the bedside lamp on.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Kindle
I purchased the lightwedge paperback version and in IMHO it is unusable for the Cybook, so stay away.
Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
On Amazon.com, if you type in
Mighty Brite Xtra Flex 2, (black) there is a video review of this neat little lamp. Scroll down and look for the review by Rene Hasprunar
Very short, but very informational, and shows exactly what you can expect.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:15 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Very short, but very informational, and shows exactly what you can expect.
Interesting. But, I guess you really need to use the cover to have a place to clip it to.

BTW: Does this guy put his Kindle in the case upsidedown/backwards? How does it stay in there like that?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Interesting. But, I guess you really need to use the cover to have a place to clip it to.

BTW: Does this guy put his Kindle in the case upsidedown/backwards? How does it stay in there like that?

BOb
Yes, any cover should do. My m-edge is perfect for it. In looking at the video again, I'm not sure why he's loaded it like that!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote