Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
"Send to Kindle" for PC

I'm sure this has been covered already, but it was new to me; today I downloaded the "Send to Kindle" app for PC, and it's really great - just right click on a document, and choose "send to Kindle" and it automatically converts the doc and sends it over wi-fi. Not only that but it's backed-up in the cloud, so when I got my new Kindle PW replacement today, it already automatically had downloaded this personal doc. Pretty nifty. There's also a "print to Kindle" function for working within Word etc. I haven't used it with any other stuff, but for just transferring documents to the Kindle it's a little easier (and wireless) than using Calibre.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I'm sure this has been covered already, but it was new to me; today I downloaded the "Send to Kindle" app for PC, and it's really great - just right click on a document, and choose "send to Kindle" and it automatically converts the doc and sends it over wi-fi. Not only that but it's backed-up in the cloud, so when I got my new Kindle PW replacement today, it already automatically had downloaded this personal doc. Pretty nifty. There's also a "print to Kindle" function for working within Word etc. I haven't used it with any other stuff, but for just transferring documents to the Kindle it's a little easier (and wireless) than using Calibre.
It's all I use unless I am away from the computer. I love how it bypasses the email servers. However you have to upload each book one by one to keep the metadata correct. I keep hoping they will fix this.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I enjoy the fact that since I now have two Kindles I can send 'personal docs' to both and the cloud simultaneously for synching purposes.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I enjoy the fact that since I now have two Kindles I can send 'personal docs' to both and the cloud simultaneously for synching purposes.
Yes this is a must have feature for me. I have 3 Kindles and they must stay Sync at all times.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
You can send to more than one device, I'm sending to my kindle, my iPhone and my iPad simultaneously. My only problem is that, for my Arabic mobi files, it is not good as it will change the file orientation from RTL to LTR, this should be fixed.
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert