Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Easy program development for the Kindle Fire

I haven't seen it mentioned in the Kindle Fire forum, so I thought I'd bring it up in case anyone is interested. One of the projects Google Labs came up with before it was shut down was an easy to use programing environment for Android called App Inventor. What makes App Inventor different is that you design your program's GUI in your web browser, while the coding is done in a Java applet using drag and drop blocks of code with minimal actual programming.

Fortunately Google donated the project to MIT when they closed down Google Labs and MIT has picked up where Google left off. I haven't used it since the switch to MIT, but I found it fairly powerful and easy to use for a visual programming language.

This is a YouTube video showing the basics of App Inventor and how it all fits together.

This is a link to MIT's site for installation instructions and downloads.

And here's a blog on using App Inventor to create apps for your Kindle Fire.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I didn't know that this was part of Google Labs before it went the way of the do-do. I'll have to play with this a bit, it could be interesting.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert