Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
yyuzza
yyuzza began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Anyone got a full backup of virgin state internal SD memory?

So after playing around with my vox for a while, I have decided that it's not really what I'm looking for. Unfortunately there isn't a full on reset that I'm aware of, so if I'm going to bring it back to the store, I need some way of reverting everything to a virgin state

Has anyone made a backup of the internal SD card in its initial state who might be able to share it with me?

Or failing that, is there another way of restoring everything?

Cheers in advance!
yyuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Format the internal sd from a pc will do this I believe.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
yyuzza

tried that, it doesnt work

see, the issue is that i completely customised the device exactly how i wanted it, optimising everything i could think of. one of the things i did was to replace the built in keyboard with swype, and then deleted the original apk. ive formatted the internal sd and triggered a reset by booting with volume up, but the keyboard still isnt there - leaving me in a bit of a pickle since i cant enter my kobo information to get past the initial startup section of the boot
Old 02-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
There is another type of tricky reset that hieronymous discovered...it is posted here on the forums somewhere...do a search...

[edit]: Post #5 here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t+system+image
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
yyuzza

excellent! thank you very much sir

back to virgin state once again from the looks of it

*edit*

yup, we have keyboard!