Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
AstoundingBruce
Enthusiast
AstoundingBruce is on a distinguished road

Device: NextBook
Informal Poll of Young Adult Authors

In which genre do you prefer to write: Fantasy, Horror or Sci-fi?
AstoundingBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:48 AM   #2
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Bruce, are you referring to writers of Young Adult fiction, or writers who are themselves young adults?
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
...and are you assuming all YA authors write in one of those three genres??

Hey Nancy, not to hijack the thread, but I really enjoyed your story in Carbide Tipped Pens! The audio version was well done. I'll have to remember to ask you about your involvement with the audio production in another thread!

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #4
AstoundingBruce
Enthusiast
AstoundingBruce is on a distinguished road

Device: NextBook
Referring to writers of young adult fiction. And no, I understand YA authors write in every genre. I am asking participants to choose from among those three.
AstoundingBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #5
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
So far, whenever I've written YA fiction, it's been sci-fi. I have strong aspirations of dipping my toes into fantasy, though.

ApK, thank you so much for the compliment! I wasn't involved in the audio production at all, although I did get a nice gift certificate for a copy of the finished audiobook.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2015, 10:45 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Where is the poll?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote