Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
TonyR
Connoisseur
TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, Jetbook Lite, iPod Touch
"Anonymity" -- New Short Story at Kindle Store and Smashwords

Hi there.

Have just posted a new short story, "Anonymity" at the Kindle store and at Smashwords. Description follows:

###
"Richard" picks up "Melanie" in the hotel bar. He's done this before. So has she. No real names. No phone numbers. No cities. No company names or business cards. Not even the conferences they're attending. They are to be merely bodies to each other.
Anonymity insulates them from complications, from consequences. Anonymity is the guarantee that these brief encounters between strangers will be confined to hotel rooms, with no spillover into real life.
But not this time...

A short story, DRM-free, about 2600 words.
###

Even though this isn't exactly a horror story and it isn't categorized that way, I think of it as one (if that makes any sense), and hope that it's got something of a horror story feel to it at the end.
"Anonymity" was written in first-person present tense -- not my usual choice, but first-person present has always struck me as having an icy, detached, clinical tone, and that seemed to be a good fit for this story and this protagonist.
Give it a look if you get a chance. 99 cents and DRM-free.

And while I'm probably killing any possible sales for the story, I really should point out that some time during the next week this story and four others will be bundled into a single ebook, with a price considerably lower than what you'd pay if you purchased the five stories individually. If you just can't wait to read this one (or the others) feel free to grab 'em now; I won't mind. If you want to stretch your ebook bucks a little, the bundle will be up soon -- I'll post an announcement once it's live at Amazon and Smashwords.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
TonyR
Connoisseur
TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!

"Anonymity" -- free with coupon until Nov 15

Hi there.

"Anonymity," a short story will be free at Smashwords until November 15 with coupon JL56N

Description:
Richard picks up Melanie in the hotel bar. He's done this before. So has she. No real names. No phone numbers, or home cities. Anonymity insulates them from complications, from consequences. Anonymity is the guarantee that these brief encounters between strangers will be confined to hotel rooms, with no spillover into real life. But not this time... A short story, about 2600 words.

Give it a look if you get a chance; reviews appreciated. ("Anonymity" is also included in the 5-story low-priced bundle FIVE OF THE HAUNTED).
Old 12-31-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
TonyR
Connoisseur

"Anonymity" now free at Smashwords

Hi there.

"Anonymity," a short story, is now free at Smashwords, and from there it should soon go free at B&N, Apple, Sony and others; once that happens I'll notify Amazon and see if they'll make it free as well.

Description:
Richard picks up Melanie in the hotel bar. He's done this before. So has she. No real names. No phone numbers, or home cities. Anonymity insulates them from complications, from consequences. Anonymity is the guarantee that these brief encounters between strangers will be confined to hotel rooms, with no spillover into real life. But not this time...

The story is about 2600 words, DRM-free.

Give it a look if you get a chance.