Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2023, 01:53 AM   #46
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommalka View Post
But that's so much stuff again and somehow I don't feel it. Maybe I'll just implement a comparison of the complete .yaml files in a new tab? Then you could see at a glance what has changed. Maybe that would also be clearer?
I would be happy with this solution too. Many thanks.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 06:30 AM   #47
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
How is that possible when the patches are not yet available?
The Kobo devices available for selection in Kobopatchfan are currently still hard-coded, so I have to release a new update for a new device. This has nothing to do with the availability of patches.

However I am currently working on fetching a list of all Kobos from Pgaskin's kfw.js, so that the devices are no longer hard-coded and can be updated using the "Update database" option in Kobopatchfan.
Tommalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2023, 09:27 AM   #48
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
The Kobo devices available for selection in Kobopatchfan are currently still hard-coded, so I have to release a new update for a new device. This has nothing to do with the availability of patches.

However I am currently working on fetching a list of all Kobos from Pgaskin's kfw.js, so that the devices are no longer hard-coded and can be updated using the "Update database" option in Kobopatchfan.
Oh, I see. Thank you!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 10:37 AM   #49
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
If it can upgrade the firmware as well, it would be perfect, although it is KOBOPATCHfan.

Ever consider merging upgrading firmware and patch into this one tool?
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:45 PM   #50
InStim
InStim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-505
Thank you for the tool. I too avoided patching before, and your tool made it easy and removed any intimidation.

I have two suggestions that came to mind from my use.

In light of the long lists of patches I often found myself doubting what I have chosen. Two approaches to help come to mind. A button to toggle showing only the currently selected patches. Another approach might be to have a confirmation with the Run button to list the selected patches with Cancel/Continue buttons, before the patch is generated. I know there is the skip/applied in the generation output. I'd appreciate knowing easily while working.

When using the Export File button, after selecting the directory if it could state in the output something such as: "Please wait: Copy started." In my initial use I almost ejected the reader in my eagerness before the copy completed.

Thanks for the consideration, and thanks again for your work!
InStim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2023, 09:04 PM   #51
InStim
InStim began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-505
Another quick thought. An Eject Device button on the Generate Patch tab might be convenient.
InStim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 07:04 AM   #52
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
If it can upgrade the firmware as well, it would be perfect, although it is KOBOPATCHfan.

Ever consider merging upgrading firmware and patch into this one tool?
I have actually thought of this before (that's where the "Extract files after download"-checkbox in the download field originates from), but I found it unnecessary because it should be easier and faster via the https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html website. But since the Kobopatchfan always downloads the firmware as well, you can of course simply steal the file from the Kobopatch folder. Maybe I will add an export button for the firmware only.
Old 05-05-2023, 07:08 AM   #53
Tommalka
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InStim View Post
Thank you for the tool. I too avoided patching before, and your tool made it easy and removed any intimidation.

I have two suggestions that came to mind from my use.

In light of the long lists of patches I often found myself doubting what I have chosen. Two approaches to help come to mind. A button to toggle showing only the currently selected patches. Another approach might be to have a confirmation with the Run button to list the selected patches with Cancel/Continue buttons, before the patch is generated. I know there is the skip/applied in the generation output. I'd appreciate knowing easily while working.

When using the Export File button, after selecting the directory if it could state in the output something such as: "Please wait: Copy started." In my initial use I almost ejected the reader in my eagerness before the copy completed.

Thanks for the consideration, and thanks again for your work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InStim View Post
Another quick thought. An Eject Device button on the Generate Patch tab might be convenient.
Thanks for the insights, these are great ideas that I definitely want to implement! I don't know to what extent I can access the eject function under Windows and Linux, but will have a look at it.
Old 05-08-2023, 07:25 AM   #54
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
I would still keep a hard-coded copy around if I were you, as that part is likely to change on my next update (although that won't be for a while). The kfw.db.js format should remain the same forever though, as it's the most compact and compressible way to store it.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 11:20 PM   #55
Tommalka
Enthusiast

Small update, new in v1.2.0:
  • Support for Elipsa 2E
  • Button to show only selected patches in tab 2
  • Button to show all selected patches in tab 3
  • Confirmation dialogue before download, other small things

Download: See first post

Last edited by Tommalka; 06-30-2023 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2023, 09:58 AM   #56
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I'm getting: 'Error add patches from save kobopatch.yaml to unsave kobopatch.yaml: 'NoneType' object is not iterable' when I try to use my backup patches. The patching succeeds when I copy the backup kobopatch.yaml by hand. I'm using a Sage and trying to patch version 4.37.21533.

It works fine otherwise.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 11:10 AM   #57
Tommalka
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I'm getting: 'Error add patches from save kobopatch.yaml to unsave kobopatch.yaml: 'NoneType' object is not iterable' when I try to use my backup patches. The patching succeeds when I copy the backup kobopatch.yaml by hand. I'm using a Sage and trying to patch version 4.37.21533.

It works fine otherwise.
Thanks for the report! I have identified the problem and fixed it. New release coming soon
Old 06-30-2023, 11:41 AM   #58
Tommalka
Enthusiast

And here comes Kobopatchfan v1.2.1:
  • Fixed bug that prevented copying of backup patches (thanks to @mbovenka!)
Those who want to use backup-patches should definitely update to 1.2.1

Download: See first post

Last edited by Tommalka; 09-23-2023 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2023, 04:19 AM   #59
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
My backup patches now work! Two things, though:

1) it's a bit confusing that when you use 'Use backup patches', the 'Show all selected patches' button still shows '0 selected patches'. The patches are in 'backup patches', and the run works, but I'd expect the selected patches to be shown.

2) My extra files (I use NickelSeries and JSWolf's improved hyphenation dictionary) are not added to KoboRoot.tgz. The 'files' part of kobopatch.yaml is in kobopatch_save/kobopatch.yaml, but it's not interpreted when running with 'Use backup patches'
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 09:28 AM   #60
Tommalka
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
2) My extra files (I use NickelSeries and JSWolf's improved hyphenation dictionary) are not added to KoboRoot.tgz. The 'files' part of kobopatch.yaml is in kobopatch_save/kobopatch.yaml, but it's not interpreted when running with 'Use backup patches'
Could you send me the config of your kobopatch.yaml for this?