Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2022, 04:10 PM   #16
xpedro
xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmack View Post
For some reason, the reader again returns this line to an empty one. I edit Kobo eReader.conf, add the line dropbox_link_account_poll=https://authorize.kobo…{language}/LinkDropbox, save, go to NickelMenu, when I click on dropbox I get an error unknown view "DROPBOX" (in :libraryropbox") ( check failed:sym_f), I connect the reader again, I go to Kobo eReader.conf, there the dropbox_link_account_poll line becomes empty (and so on in a circle. Reader Aura H2O v2
Is there a "dropbox" folder under KOBOeReader/.kobo in Aura H2O? I think that's what indicates compatibility with Dropbox synching.
xpedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 05:56 PM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
For some reason, the reader again returns this line to an empty one. I edit Kobo eReader.conf, add the line dropbox_link_account_poll=https://authorize.kobo…{language}/LinkDropbox, save, go to NickelMenu, when I click on dropbox I get an error unknown view "DROPBOX" (in :libraryropbox") ( check failed:sym_f), I connect the reader again, I go to Kobo eReader.conf, there the dropbox_link_account_poll line becomes empty (and so on in a circle. Reader Aura H2O v2
The device updates the config file. It writes the changes that were made through the interface, and it writes any defaults and other options. Some of which are retrieved from the Kobo server. As the device you are using does not support Dropbox, it is probably not be getting the Dropbox configuration from the server and hence cannot save the Dropbox configuration.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2022, 02:23 AM   #18
Vmack
Vmack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA H2O v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The device updates the config file. It writes the changes that were made through the interface, and it writes any defaults and other options. Some of which are retrieved from the Kobo server. As the device you are using does not support Dropbox, it is probably not be getting the Dropbox configuration from the server and hence cannot save the Dropbox configuration.
Suggested a solution on another forum. You need to replace
Quote:
menu_item:main:Dropbox:nickel_open:library:Dropbox
the line with
Quote:
menu_item:main:Dropbox:nickel_open:library:dropbox
Vmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:35 AM   #19
akazukincha
akazukincha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara hd
I am able to add the dropbox on my nicklemenu but the problem is i could not download the files i put on the "Kobo Rakuten" dropbox folder, i can see the files but it would not download. anyone also experienced this?
akazukincha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #20
akazukincha
akazukincha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by akazukincha View Post
I am able to add the dropbox on my nicklemenu but the problem is i could not download the files i put on the "Kobo Rakuten" dropbox folder, i can see the files but it would not download. anyone also experienced this?
in addition to above, where can i find the ebooks when i switch to KOreader, will it appear in the "Home" folder?
akazukincha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2022, 05:48 AM   #21
KL3
KL3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h20
Quote:
I think I figured it out! In the koboereader.conf file you also have to edit the setting

kobo_dropbox_link_account_enabled=False

and change it to =True

as well as the other setting

dropbox_link_account_poll=https://authorize.kobo…{language}/LinkDropbox
KL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:02 AM   #22
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Libra H2O
This does indeed work on the Kobo Libra H2O, cool!
trcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:22 PM   #23
xpedro
xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL3 View Post
I think I figured it out! In the koboereader.conf file you also have to edit the setting

kobo_dropbox_link_account_enabled=False

and change it to =True

as well as the other setting

dropbox_link_account_poll=https://authorize.kobo…{language}/LinkDropbox
so you managed to make it work on Aura H2O too?
Old 02-11-2022, 05:47 PM   #24
xpedro

Quote:
Originally Posted by akazukincha View Post
you click on NickelMenu, then Dropbox, after that you click on "..." and "download all". the books should appear under "My books" in the main menu.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:46 PM   #25
KL3
KL3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h20
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpedro View Post
so you managed to make it work on Aura H2O too?
Yep! Works perfectly
KL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #26
xpedro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL3 View Post
Yep! Works perfectly
great. it would be nice if a moderator could change the thread title to indicate that it works for most kobos. i am not able to do it myself...
Old 03-04-2022, 11:54 AM   #27
Skylark
Skylark began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Hi, This works so well on my Libre 2, thank you for sharing. The only issue I have is that when I download a book it appears twice on my reader. Once under the authors first name (Glen) and then again under their surname (Cook) inder the authors tab. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
My meta data is correct on Calibre and I save to Dropbox using the export to disc feature. On dropbox the epub is saved in the correct directory "Dropbox\Apps\Rakuten Kobo\Cook, Glen\The Black Company.epub".
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 01:46 AM   #28
xpedro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
Hi, This works so well on my Libre 2, thank you for sharing. The only issue I have is that when I download a book it appears twice on my reader. Once under the authors first name (Glen) and then again under their surname (Cook) inder the authors tab. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
My meta data is correct on Calibre and I save to Dropbox using the export to disc feature. On dropbox the epub is saved in the correct directory "Dropbox\Apps\Rakuten Kobo\Cook, Glen\The Black Company.epub".
I don't use the "Surname, Name" folder like you do.
I put the author's name and surname in the epub file itself.
like this: Dropbox\Apps\Rakuten Kobo\Name Surname - Title.epub
It works fine. So i would guess that what is causing the duplication is the extra folder you use. Try putting the epub files with author's name and title directly in \Rakuten Kobo.
Old 03-05-2022, 06:12 AM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
Kobo does not get the title and author from the filename. It gets it from the metadata in the book. It appears that you have set this to the format "LN, FN". Kobo expects the author to be "FN LN" and for multiple authors to be separate by a comma. So, it is interpreting "Cook, Glen" as two authors, "Cook" and "Glen".

As this book is coming from calibre, it will update the metadata during the "Save to disk". That suggests you have set the author to "Cook, Glen" rather than "Glen Cook".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 10:53 AM   #30
Skylark
Skylark began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Thanks xpedro and davidfor. I will check my calibre settings. No worries, just super happy to be able to fetch books off Dropbox. Cheers
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote