Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2017, 03:51 PM   #31
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntson View Post
i can't run it on Mac OS 10.12. Pls help
From your error messages, it probably means that the kobo-update-4.3.8966.zip file is not in the 4.3.8966_source directory. See step 2. of the instructions in the first post.

Edit: Itcould also mean that there is a file named kobo-update-4.3.8966.zip but it is the wrong file or didn't download properly. In that case try removing it and downloading again.

Last edited by GeoffR; 03-22-2017 at 04:07 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #32
ntson
ntson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
From your error messages, it probably means that the kobo-update-4.3.8966.zip file is not in the 4.3.8966_source directory. See step 2. of the instructions in the first post.

Edit: Itcould also mean that there is a file named kobo-update-4.3.8966.zip but it is the wrong file or didn't download properly. In that case try removing it and downloading again.
i'm cope file KoboRoot.tgz from folder firmware i extracted to 4.3.8966_source directory to fix error: filename not matched: KoboRoot.tgz

and now, it's still error. How can I fix it?
pls see my attachments.

Code:
Last login: Wed Mar 22 16:34:20 on ttys000
SonNTs-MacBook-Air:~ ntson$ /Users/ntson/Desktop/Kobo/patch/patch_kobo_4038966/4.3.8966.sh 
Extracting files to patch from 4.3.8966_source/kobo-update-4.3.8966.zip ...
tar: ./usr/local/Kobo/*: Not found in archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
Cleaning up /var/folders/8_/g2t56sds7qd4pncngkrs_tcr0000gn/T/patch32lsb_XXXXXXXX.zWeEARvb
SonNTs-MacBook-Air:~ ntson$
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 8.13.55 AM.png
Views:	269
Size:	745.5 KB
ID:	155793  

Last edited by ntson; 03-22-2017 at 09:27 PM.
ntson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2017, 09:49 PM   #33
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I don't understand what is happening. I can only suggest you delete everything and start again.

Don't extract the firmware, just leave it zipped. The patch script will extract the files it needs.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:24 PM   #34
ntson
ntson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Sorry, I don't understand what is happening. I can only suggest you delete everything and start again.

Don't extract the firmware, just leave it zipped. The patch script will extract the files it needs.
Thank for your reply.

I will try
ntson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #35
GeoffR
Wizard

Just as a check to see if everything is in place: before running ./4.3.8966.sh in step 4 of the instructions, try running the following command:
Code:
unzip -t 4.3.8966_source/kobo-update-4.3.8966.zip KoboRoot.tgz
If everything is okay it should give this result:
Code:
Archive:  4.3.8966_source/kobo-update-4.3.8966.zip
    testing: KoboRoot.tgz             OK
No errors detected in 4.3.8966_source/kobo-update-4.3.8966.zip for the 1 file tested.
(Edit: I'll incorporate this check into the sh script in the future, so it will give a more useful error message if the file is missing or damaged.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 03-22-2017 at 11:19 PM. Reason: I'll incorporate this check ...
Advert
Old 03-23-2017, 05:32 AM   #36
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Thumbs up "forceful version" of the `Force user line spacing in KePubs` patch

After almost one week of testing with different books and finishing the "special" one which causes the 'line-spacing-trouble', i don't had any problems with the "forceful version" of the `Force user line spacing in KePubs` patch enabled.
I really would like to have it as option in your patches.
Thanks GeoffR
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #37
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
The patch for the bigger dictionary window on the Kobo Mini will somtimes hide (partially or almost complete) the highlight and annotation box. I wouldn't except this to be fixable and this is only a minor annoyance, but I wanted to mention it for completeness sake.

Otherwise everything runs perfect in my configuration.
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:41 AM   #38
eatthedishes
eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The last time I patched in 3.19.5761 there were much more detailed page refresh options. (I set mine at 154 pages by spacing the steps). Why is this not possible in this version? Is there a possibility to still do this with the patch for 4.3.8966?
eatthedishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:45 AM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatthedishes View Post
The last time I patched in 3.19.5761 there were much more detailed page refresh options. (I set mine at 154 pages by spacing the steps). Why is this not possible in this version? Is there a possibility to still do this with the patch for 4.3.8966?
You can change the page refresh number (in the patch) from 12 to 99 and that will work.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:11 AM   #40
eatthedishes
eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.eatthedishes is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can change the page refresh number (in the patch) from 12 to 99 and that will work.
Thank you. It also works with higher numbers, 254 in my case. I didn't try anything higher, if I remember correctly it gets problematic somewhere around 2^8.
eatthedishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #41
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Is there a patch, to force enable OverDrive on Kobo? Or is it tied to the locale/region?
kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #42
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kido.resuri View Post
Is there a patch, to force enable OverDrive on Kobo? Or is it tied to the locale/region?
It's tied to the region in your account.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:27 AM   #43
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Has anyone tried to create a patch for a more compact list of annotations?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #44
Nayende
Nayende began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo & Kobo glo HD
Hi,

First of all thank you all so much for all patches.
I would like to ask something about "Custom Header menubars" patches.

Is it possible to make those patches separately for "header" and "menubar"?
For instance the menubar will be same as default but the header will be reduced 50%.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry if I wrote something wrong because of I am not native speaker of English.

Last edited by Nayende; 04-03-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Nayende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #45
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayende View Post
Hi,

First of all thank you all so much for all patches.
I would like to ask something about "Custom Header menubars" patches.

Is it possible to make those patches separately for "header" and "menubar"?
For instance the menubar will be same as default but the header will be reduced 50%.

Thank you.

PS: Sorry if I wrote something wrong because of I am not native speaker of English.
No, I'm afraid I can't find any way to do that.

P.S. Your English is fine
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote