Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #61
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Those interested in this hack will probably know, I mention it nonetheless: the version for FW 3.15.0 works under FW 3.18.0 too. (Tested on Touch.)
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:19 AM   #62
Scooby00
Scooby00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Firmware 3.19

Hi there.

Is it still working with Firmware 3.19 on the Kobo Touch?
Scooby00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:09 PM   #63
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes it does. I tested with a Touch C under FW 3.19.5761.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:02 AM   #64
Scooby00
Scooby00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks, but I do have to reinstall it, right?
Because I had it running under 3.18 and after the Update it's not working anymore...
Scooby00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:49 AM   #65
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby00 View Post
Thanks, but I do have to reinstall it, right?
Because I had it running under 3.18 and after the Update it's not working anymore...
Right, you have to reinstall it. The reason is that the firmware update replaced the rcS file, which was modified by the screen saver hack.
By the way, I am using the Kobo Start Menu, which deals with the screen saver and makes it survive firmware updates. The last time I installed the screen saver was under 3.15.0, I guess.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:52 AM   #66
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Does this work with 4.3.8966?

My device (Aura) was updated without my intervention and I have to restore every hack/patch/addon... before pulling my hairs out I would like confirmatio that it is supposed to work.

Last edited by Jellby; 03-19-2017 at 07:21 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:08 AM   #67
Kobo_Mao
Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Does this work with 4.3.8966?

My device (Aura) was updated without my intervention and I have to restore every hack/patch/addon... before going pulling my hairs out I would like confirmatio that it is supposed to work.
I'm interested too.
I have a Glo (FW 4.3.8966) and my device was updated too.
Sorry for my bad english.
Kobo_Mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:04 AM   #68
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Initial testing says hook.sh is not running, even though I add /opt/cfw/preload/hook.so to the preload (with or without KSM). It seems the source for hook.so can be found here, maybe someone with a better knowledge of the Kobo internals (and differences in firmware) can debug or adapt it?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #69
Kobo_Mao
Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Initial testing says hook.sh is not running, even though I add /opt/cfw/preload/hook.so to the preload (with or without KSM). It seems the source for hook.so can be found here, maybe someone with a better knowledge of the Kobo internals (and differences in firmware) can debug or adapt it?
I hope this.
Kobo_Mao is offline   Reply With Quote