Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #76
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Thanks, I've updated the attachment in post #1 to incude this new patch for the Aura with two alternatives: 1,8,32,Chapter and 1,32,99,Chapter.
There is only a little problem with language (for non english users):
on my Aura, for example, "Chapter" and "1" are in italian, "32" and "99" in english.
Isn't possible to edit only the numbers without "pages"?
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:45 AM   #77
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer7 View Post
There is only a little problem with language (for non english users):
on my Aura, for example, "Chapter" and "1" are in italian, "32" and "99" in english.
Isn't possible to edit only the numbers without "pages"?
There is another thread about translations, but I don't think there is any way to avoid it in the patch, maybe the only way is to add new translations to match the patched strings.

Edit: Is it just the change from `pages` to `page` that breaks the translation? You could try setting the patch values to 1,9,99,Chapter so that there is room in the description strings for the whole word `pages`, i.e. `9 pages` and `99 pages` instead of `32 page` and 99 page`. But if that doesn't work then I think the only way is to create new translations, I don't know anything about how to do that, but others in the forum do.

Last edited by GeoffR; 12-30-2015 at 09:54 AM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote