Old 09-03-2023, 12:33 AM   #1
mdw123456
mdw123456 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to create TOC at the start of PDF using ebook-convert

ebook-convert man pages show

I am converting from md to pdf

--pdf-add-toc
Add a Table of Contents at the end of the PDF that lists page numbers.

is there a way I can add this TOC at the start of the pdf. Also with links to the chapter
mdw123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 01:55 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
You might try using pandoc to do the PDF conversion. I don't know where it would put the TOC or whether there is some option to control the location.

Another possibility is using pandoc to convert to asciidoc format, then use either asciidoc or asciidoctor to make the PDF.

It has been a long time since I have used pandoc, asciidoc, or asciidoctor. All of these have had a lot of development since then. The last time I generated a PDF with asciidoc, the in document TOC was near the front with a link to each entry and a TOC which PDF viewers with TOC support can use.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2023, 03:00 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Export to docx or rtf.
Read and edit in MS Word or LO Writer.
Add page numbers, headers, footers, TOC, indexes, front & rear matter style etc as desired. Export a PDF.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ebook-convert, markdown pdf md