Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #91
lordserch
lordserch began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
This worked for me!!!

Dear friends:

I'm having the exact same problem you mention here. I'm using an Acer Aspire One with Windows XP SP3. Everything used to work just fine, but right after I upgraded my Reader Library to the 3.1 version it stopped working, it just would never start or launch even I was able to see Reader Library process on the task manager.

Anyway, here's what I did:

1. Follow the instructions on the next page: http://sonyreader.proboards.com/inde...play&thread=46 all but reinstalling.

2. Before you reinstall the software go to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ and install Adobe Digital Editions, and make sure is working on your computer.

3. Upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader, you can get from here:http://get.adobe.com/reader/

4. Restart your computer

5. Reinstall the Reader Library

6. Enjoy!!!

Hope this could help you, at least it worked for me.
lordserch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #92
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordserch View Post
Dear friends:

I'm having the exact same problem you mention here. I'm using an Acer Aspire One with Windows XP SP3. Everything used to work just fine, but right after I upgraded my Reader Library to the 3.1 version it stopped working, it just would never start or launch even I was able to see Reader Library process on the task manager.

1. Follow the instructions on the next page: http://sonyreader.proboards.com/inde...play&thread=46 all but reinstalling.

2. Before you reinstall the software go to http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/ and install Adobe Digital Editions, and make sure is working on your computer.

3. Upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader, you can get from here:http://get.adobe.com/reader/

4. Restart your computer

6. Enjoy!!!

FYI: Adobe Reader has nothing to do with any of this. Probably just doing Step 1 was all you really needed to do.

But, glad to hear you go it working. Thanks for the info.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 06:43 AM   #93
stevenrokz
stevenrokz began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have Sony 3.1 on windows XP and its working perfectly. I don't have any issue with it
stevenrokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #94
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
The thread that won't die!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
The thread that won't die!
Sure it will die.. Once Sony comes out with a differently named Reader Library.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #96
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sure it will die.. Once Sony comes out with a differently named Reader Library.
Ha Ha Ha Sony Different Software, Dream on JSWOLF !!!
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #97
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Ha Ha Ha Sony Different Software, Dream on JSWOLF !!!
I'm not saying different software. I'm saying renamed software like when Sony went from eBook Library to Reader Library.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #98
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm not saying different software. I'm saying renamed software like when Sony went from eBook Library to Reader Library.
SORRY, I know you are, it's just me and my Lowest Form of Wit ( Sarcasm )
Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #99
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Aimed at SONY not You of course !
Old 03-03-2010, 01:07 AM   #100
kfarmer
Gizzzzmo Nerd
kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfarmer View Post
Of course, this isn't a bug *fix*, which they're apparently still looking into. If anybody else is still having the same issues I did, you might try that and report back. I'll be emailing them letting them know whether the UNC vs drive mapping problem applies to my case.
Thought I'd let folks know -- Sony support apparently has new bits (ready? nearly ready?) for external testing. I was hoping that they'd have called me this past weekend to give me the link, but I'm assuming something came up.

So: real fix, hopefully soon. Wish it were sooner.
kfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:56 AM   #101
pktraum
pktraum began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader daily edition
ive been using the sony daily edition for a few weeks now and works great for ebooks and getting the wall street journal delivered to it, but i also like to use it for reading and annotating pdf files, to avoid the step of printing them out to proofread before sending them, and to have them on file for reference.

The major problem with the software is that although you can create collections to organize your files, it is a tedious process, and there should be some way for the sony file system to allow you to browse the files on your sd card, for example, using the the organization that is only possible using a filing system like that in windows and every other operating system, rather than having to sort through every file you've ever worked using nothing more than title and author.

that is the problem with the reader library software...
pktraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:13 AM   #102
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenrokz View Post
I have Sony 3.1 on windows XP and its working perfectly. I don't have any issue with it
I said the same thing at one point.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #103
Fungelstein
Green Fields Forever
Fungelstein began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordserch View Post
Dear friends:

4. Restart your computer

6. Enjoy!!!

The Reader Library is finally working for me after following the instructions in the first link. This is a new thing for me, since when I followed those instructions for the past updates, it didn't work. Now I can finally put more books on my Sony PRS-600.

Although, after loading the Reader Library, none of my previously loaded books were in it. Does that mean I'll have to reload the books onto it again or is there a more simplier way to do it?
Fungelstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #104
4getmenot
4getmenot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Sony Support resolved issued

I haven't posted here before. Found the site when my reader library wouldn't launch (but still shows up as running in my task manager). I tried all 6 or so solutions tossed around in this thread. Four hours and twenty reboots later, nothing was working and I was ready to pull my hair out.

Today I called Sony Support, expecting a three hour ordeal with different departments/agents playing hot potato with my issue. Surprisingly, the agent took charge of my computer through remote access and the problem was resolved in a matter of fifteen minutes. She uninstalled the software and installed it again and that seemed to solve the problem. As far as I can tell, the only thing she did differently than me was that she used a different installer package than the one I got from the website. Here is the link:
ftp://download.sony.com/US/reader/re...library_31.exe

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, it seems like Sony Support has got a good enough handle on the situation that they can help you out.
4getmenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #105
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Glad they took care of you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, experience, software, sony