Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Droid
Droid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo
GLO: Watching battery level drop

I don't know if the battery gauge (visible in the status menu in the far right corner) is accurage, but I was just at 88% battery level. I removed about half of my books (I'm now down to 25 instead of 60) in kobobooks.com, then tried re-syncing so it would clean up my Glo's library. I left the status window open as it synced. As it was syncing, it dropped every 10 seconds or so (88%, 84%, 80%, 77%, 74%). It said that it was done syncing and slowly dropped down to 72%, where it is now.

Thankfully, now that it isn't doing anything, it's stopped at 72%.

Test: Just hit sync again (with nothing to sync) and... still at 72%.

I was having some wifi "connection error" problems in mid-download (took 4 attempts to do my initial sync, with all 60 books from Kobo - maybe that's too much), so I don't know if this particular one is a bit flaky or not. I guess that the battery gauge just might not be terribly accurate.
Has anybody else noticed anything like that?

PS: I just plugged in the USB for less than five minutes (ie. while I wrote the last paragraph and had a drink of water) and it's now up to 92%. I don't really care, since it seems to work fine now that I'm synced, but it just seems a bit strange.
Droid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Just a guess here, but I would expect a certain amount of flakiness until it had fully charged and then perhaps discharged a time or so.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Battery level for me seems to be very stable. Infact... and maybe this is just because the KT is a year old, it seems to be better then the Touch.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
Droid
Droid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipseDroid can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo
It seems that I did need to "break it in" a little bit. Everything seems fine now.
Droid is offline   Reply With Quote