Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Edit metadata window off screen

I just updated to 8.44, and continued importing and updating my books. I am finding that when I edit the metadata for a book I have just added, and click the download metadata button, the results window, with the book list, is off the top of my screen. The only way I can pull it down to see the first book is to enlarge the window. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something I can do to keep the window on the screen? Or, am I doing something wrong?
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I'm having the same problem with the download metadata window except I can't even move the window because the top line is off screen.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/963196
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Wonderful News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you for the absolutely fabulous response! I look forward to the fix in the next release. We are good to go.

Now try to get some between fixing and feeding! You deserve it! Congratulations!
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Oh Good, It's not just me . I thought I had done something to mess up my version.
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I updated today to the new release and this bug was not fixed for me.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@GeckoFriend: Are you sure you updated? Try rebooting your computer. What is the version number at the bottom of the calibre main window?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #8
GeckoFriend
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@GeckoFriend: Are you sure you updated? Try rebooting your computer. What is the version number at the bottom of the calibre main window?
I have version 0.8.45 updated this morning. I did not reboot after updating; will try that and report back.

Rebooting did not help. I still cannot see the title bar of the window so cannot move the window. I can see more of the window than before the update.

Last edited by GeckoFriend; 03-31-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
GeckoFriend
Guru

Am I the only person who still has this bug?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
Am I the only person who still has this bug?
Maybe? I happen to have 3 screens (2 can be switched to other computers) and sometimes move the edit Metadata to another while looking in some other program for info to enter. It appears that XP does not allow an easy way to move a daughter window (not on the task bar) if the screen location is unavailable.

If your screen is not running at the highest resolution your monitor allows, do so, you might be able to grab an edge and drag it back. Then you can change the resolution back to your comfort level
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
GeckoFriend
Guru

@theducks

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately the resolution is already at the hightest possible. I'm running Windows Vista if that suggests anything else to try.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
@theducks

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately the resolution is already at the hightest possible. I'm running Windows Vista if that suggests anything else to try.
Get a second monitor

Somewhere Window stores windows positions, I just can't seem to find it for you.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #13
GeckoFriend
Guru

Any other ideas how I can get the download metadata fully visible?
Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Some thoughts:

1) Is your machine a laptop? If so, and if you have a friend with a larger monitor, plug your laptop into that so you can make the window smaller.

2) Does your machine have a brand-name graphics card? Some come with add-on desktop extenders that support panning desktops (desktops that are larger than the physical screen).

3) If you have an external monitor, you might be able to set the resolution of the graphics card to larger than the monitor can display. You won't be able to see everything, but you should be able to see a corner of the dialog box so you could resize it.

4) If you can see any edge of the dialog and get a resizing arrow, even the left or right edges, then the "sizer" utility might help. See http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/. Disclaimer: I have never used this utility.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
@theducks

Try pressing "Alt+Space" to display the system menu of the window, followed by "M" to active the "Move" item on the menu. You should then be able to move the window with the cursor keys. Press "Enter" when the window is where you want it to be.

EDIT: Just tried this myself and it works fine. It's a very useful technique whenever a window ends up "off the screen". Knowing how to operate the Windows GUI with the keyboard can come in useful at times.

Last edited by HarryT; 04-06-2012 at 06:49 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote