Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
JeanC
Enthusiast
JeanC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Can I still have percentage read notification with latest firmware?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it.
Currently I have this percentage read indication on the bottom of my kindle. I read somewhere that the firmware upgrade disables this so that you can have one line more on the page.
But I'd like to keep the indication, I like it. Is that possible?

Thanks.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, you've slightly misunderstood it. The percentage indicator is still there with the 3.1 firmware; what disappears is the location number (and page number, with more recent books). That's now only displayed when you press the "Menu" key. The progress bar and percentage indicator are always visible.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
JeanC
Enthusiast
JeanC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks, at least I can turn on wifi without being afraid I get an update which disables the percentage.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote