Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #61
duuri
duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Prestigio 3072b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
The RK28_DM was updated to work with Win7 and 64bit systems according to this thread.

They have download links in the first two posts and a combined .rar with both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers available in this post.

Hope this helps!
will try it tomorow under xp
duuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #62
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
My old Next1 will soon become a more vibrant PER3072B...

I will be updating the firmware of my Next1 1.0.00 to PER3072B's latest v2.2.2 and in doing so I bid farewell to the old Next1 startup/shutdown pictures (24-bit .png with alpha transparency)
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic461.png
Views:	589
Size:	894.0 KB
ID:	64715 Click image for larger version

Name:	pic460.png
Views:	593
Size:	664.7 KB
ID:	64714
in favour of the new PER3027B startup picture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prestigio-PER3072-startup.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	64716

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-13-2011 at 05:15 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 04:22 AM   #63
duuri
duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.duuri has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

faound another clone : Mpman colorebook 7 http://www.mpmaneurope.com/product.aspx?product_id=233
Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #64
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duuri View Post
found another clone : Mpman colorebook 7 http://www.mpmaneurope.com/product.aspx?product_id=233
This is more like a fraternal (non-identical) twin. It doesn't have 800x600 resolution and doesn't use microSD memory cards up to 32GB16GB, though, it's menu system seems superior, I don't think the hardware is. This is more similar to the Elonex 700EB or Nexx.

I've tried this type of unit's firmware on the Next1 and the narrower screen resolution caused the background to tile, but it did turn on. However, none of the buttons were mapped correctly. Oh well, I tried.

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-16-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: max microSD is 16GB
Old 01-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #65
duuri

and have you tried already tat 3072b firmware on your device?
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #66
nrapallo

Quote:
and have you tried already tat 3072b firmware on your device?
Yes, I did. The firmware image I made was updated properly onto the Next1, but I wasn't pleased with the video support as another firmware v2.1.3 was better capable of viewing a wide variety of video formats/file. I've posted the firmware in my mediafire account as RK2729_v2.1.3.rar whereas the one I made of v2.2.2 has been uploaded there as well.

Try it out and tell me if it works better.

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-14-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: uploaded new v2.2.2, but v2.1.3 appears BETTER! :dunno:
Old 01-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #67
duuri

and what is better there? is there any way to combinate them?
Old 01-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #68
nrapallo

Quote:
and what is better there? is there any way to combinate them?
I was thinking about that, but the video codec's themselves didn't change, only their programming base.rkw to disallow(?) those video types, I think.

This list's the different files between v2.1.3 and your v2.2.2:
Code:
-- E:\Nextbook_Next1\PER3072B\firmware prestigio 3072b (v2.2.2)
-- E:\Nextbook_Next1\PER3072B\firmware_RK2729          (v2.1.3)

.\bg-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\cz-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\de-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\ee-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\en-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\fr-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\gr-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\hr-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\it-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\lt-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\lv-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\pl-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\ro-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\ru-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\se-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	only in E:\Nextbook_Next1\PER3072B\firmware prestigio 3072b
.\si-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\sk-per3072 user manual v2.0.pdf	different(both have identical times)		
.\version.bin					different(both have identical times)
.\resource\sid\stringid.bin		different(both have identical times)		
.\system\base.rkw				different(both have identical times)		
.\system\save.bin				different(both have identical times)
.\system00\base.rkw				different(both have identical times)		
.\system00\save.bin				different(both have identical times)

-- 23 files listed

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-14-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #69
lexluthorxx
lexluthorxx began at the beginning.

Device: nextbook
i have a nextbook 1 and i am having trouble updating image

When using rk28 update tool and rk2729_2.113 img.....fails to update....Vista unable to find driver for nextbook...? inf?

can you tell me the steps you are using to update your nextbook?

thanks
lexluthorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #70
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthorxx View Post
When using rk28 update tool and rk2729_2.113 img.....fails to update....Vista unable to find driver for nextbook...? inf?

can you tell me the steps you are using to update your nextbook?

thanks
Well, I'm using WinXP for my computing needs... But doesn't 'RK28DM_Setup.exe' create the 'Driver' directory in your 'c:\Program files (x86)\RK28DM' folder?

If not, try unzipping the below attached drivers and then update the rockusb driver using the vista driver in the x86 directory if you are using Vista (32-bit) or the vista driver in the amd64 directory if you are using Vista (64-bit).

Get the driver issue resolved first and then try to use RK28_DM.exe again to update the firmware.

Once the firmware update tool starts, load the firmware by clicking the "..." to browse to your firmware file. Then click Update and wait between 1 min 10 sec to 2 minutes. DON'T do anything while this is happening just to be safe. If it's looking for the drivers still, then point it to the directory you created after downloading this attachment (in the proper sub-directory of course).
Attached Files
File Type: zip RK27USB DRIVER X86_X64.zip (197.2 KB, 770 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-14-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #71
lexluthorxx

nope....doesn't work...anyone out there got this to work using vista?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #72
lexluthorxx

got it to work....don't ask me how....but it worked...

thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #73
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthorxx View Post
got it to work....don't ask me how....but it worked...

thanks
Perhaps, you rebooted the computer and it found sanity.... Ah, more Vista craziness!

Well done, now time to enjoy your NEW look and functionality! Make sure you use the v2.1.3 version for wider video playback, however, I found that epub's with many many TOC links (in the toc.ncx) i.e. greater than 256 would crash when using the catalog function in the newer firmware. The original Next1's firmware didn't do this, but repeated the names of the first 256 entries for any greater than 256. (If that means anything to y'all!)

All in all, I'm extremely happy with v2.1.3, and will now edit my too many TOC entries .epub's to not crash v2.1.3! Wish me luck...
Old 01-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #74
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you very much for looking into all this.

Flash is done, and it works great. I used the 2.1.3 as per your msg above due to the better range of video files.

I am on Win7 x64.

Used the version of RK28 Device manager I had installed last month, v1.27.
The image loaded, and once I hit Upgrade, it failed on the device driver, I let it sit for a bit, then it asked if I wanted to install the driver after about a minute. I let it, then clicked Update again ( I did not close and restart RK28 Manager ). Flash worked fine, and my Nextigio works great.

Only problem (which I expected anyway) was that it didn't recognize my saved bookmarks. Backed them up first, and recopied them over, and still nothing. Oh well, no biggy.

It certainly is a much brighter display now

The eBook reader seems to be identical to the Next1 version. I haven't had any problems with it crashing on some ebooks, like some other folks have mentioned. Will try to locate one with many hyperlinks to see what happens.

Only tried a quick couple of avi/xvid video files, and they both worked fine. Will start playing with MP4, MKV and whatever else tonight.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #75
DeadMan
Enthusiast
DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.DeadMan is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Few tests with video files.
Depending on what codecs were used for encoding, some MKV files can just be renamed to MP4 and they will play. (based on some MKV files I have kicking around)

I use Handbrake svn3703 for all my encoding. Setting video codec to MPeg-4. Encoding with it set to H264 codec (and saving it with a .MP4 extension) will not play on the Next1.

With the few quick conversions I did, 1500bps to 2000 seems to give the smoothest playback, with audio staying in sync. Although it will play just about everything I threw at it, video at times would play to slow, or audio would go out of sync with higher bit rates.

Useing the BluRay of Chronicles of Riddick, and converting it to 1280x528 (720p), constant quality 12 (default), 24fps, it did seem to play fine at times. Audio was out of sync to start with, but I just skipped ahead a few frames, and then it was fine. Played it again and there were no issues the second time. Third time, was way out of sync...
I scaled it down a bit to 800x336 (to keep aspect ratio), and it played quite well, although it did not seem to look as good... I think. Still watching and pondering over this one, maybe I'm going buggy tonight.

The few WMV files I have all played really slowly on the Next1. They were 1280x720, 3000 kbps, 25fps.

I cannot get subtitles to work at all, with anything for some reason.

I have 3GP videos (Motorola) somewhere, but haven't located them yet. I am sure they will play fine if the above high bitrate videos work as good as they do.

MPEG2 (renamed with VOB extension) worked fine. Don't have any "real" VOB files on the PC right now to test out.

Over all, it will be a decent portable video player when I need it, and meets my expectations just fine. (more so that it now does play videos!) Need to buy some portable speakers to plug into it to test sound quality that way as well.

Will take a bit more playing around with settings in Handbrake to get the optimal video quality out of the Next1, but not much as it really is not terribly picky overall.
DeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
next1, nextbook, per3072b, prestigio