Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #136
Andrea.
Andrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneAndrea. makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Good luck, Andrea, and welcome to MR.

If they indeed fixed the problem with the color blobs,then you and Sparklemotion should both receive perfect screens.

Here's hoping.
They didn't fix it... I got one from batch 603 and there are still blue blotches on 'em. Ordering another replacement (I can live with the blotches, but I'd rather not)... The CS rep I talked with personally checked the replacement Kindle they will be sending (which is awesome).
It was interesting because the second guy (got transferred 3 times) said that he would be able to replace it, but that would be the last time. Doesn't bother me, but...
Andrea. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #137
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Too bad - I was hopeful that they had indeed finally fixed the issues. Let's hear how Sparklemotion is making out tomorrow.

Somewhere on this board, if you dig deep enough, you'll find the epic and frustrating story of my (and others') PW replacements nightmares. I had CS reps constantly contradict each other as well, and I was being bounced back and forth and put on hold, until Amazon Andrew took up my case.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #138
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea. View Post
They didn't fix it... I got one from batch 603 and there are still blue blotches on 'em.
That pretty much confirms it for me then, Andrea. If you have a 603 with blotches, well, they haven't fixed it. I don't understand why they keep saying they have. It's becoming very frustrating. Do they have a bunch of color blind engineers, or what?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #139
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea. View Post
They didn't fix it... I got one from batch 603 and there are still blue blotches on 'em.
how disappointing. Looks like it's not something they can really fix then... Back to not ordering a PW, hopefully PW2 won't have those problem
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #140
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
how disappointing. Looks like it's not something they can really fix then... Back to not ordering a PW, hopefully PW2 won't have those problem
That's my feeling too. Maybe it will be resolved in the PW2 or the PW3. I guess we'll have to wait. Mine is coming later today, but I'm not hopeful.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #141
jswinden
Nameless Being

@sparklemotion, I hope they get you a perfect one this time! I hope they eventually get the light layer issues fixed or go to another lighting system. Most of all I hope that next Fall they will introduce a non-lit model of the PW with the higher resolution screen. I've grown to really favor my iPod touch generation 5 for low light reading so I no longer wish for a lit PW, but I would like one without the light for reading in well lit areas.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #142
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
@sparklemotion, I hope they get you a perfect one this time! I hope they eventually get the light layer issues fixed or go to another lighting system. Most of all I hope that next Fall they will introduce a non-lit model of the PW with the higher resolution screen. I've grown to really favor my iPod touch generation 5 for low light reading so I no longer wish for a lit PW, but I would like one without the light for reading in well lit areas.
Thank you, Jack. I have a feeling it won't be fixed until later versions of the PW, but I guess we'll see. I agree with you that a basic kindle with a high resolution screen would be nice!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #143
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Just got my PW. Well, this is definitely the best one I have had so far. It still has very faint color hue issues though. I remain convinced I would see this on all of them. I have to strain to really see them on this one, but I can tell they are they when the light is up very bright. It's beyond strange to me why they keep thinking it's fixed and keep calling to send me a new one.

However, on a positive note, the contrast on this one is definitely much improved, the text is darker and more crisp. Also, the light is significantly better and the background is significantly whiter. So... some positives. I was quite shocked when I put it next to my current Paperwhite, which I've been pretty happy with, but wow, what a huge difference seeing them next to each other.

This new one makes my old Paperwhite background look murky, darker and very pink. The background on this new one is shockingly so much whiter. I will be keeping this one. So they do seem to have improved the PW quite a lot since my last one, but the color hue problem persists. Albeit to a much lesser degree, at least on this particular one.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #144
jswinden
Nameless Being

What is the batch number and firmware level?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #145
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
What is the batch number and firmware level?
Well, this is a 3G one, not wi-fi. This one is B01B 1502 as compared to my last 3G which was a 1501. I can say with certainty this PW looks better than my friend's wifi 603. We already compared them. I'd be curious if anyone has a 3G 503 or 603? Or maybe the numbers are different with the 3G's? I really don't know.

This one does appear new, (No R on the box) but again, who can really say. I just know it's definitely better than the one I was using previously.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM   #146
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Just got my PW. Well, this is definitely the best one I have had so far.
Yay! It sounds like you finally got a good one! I am so happy for you!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #147
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yay! It sounds like you finally got a good one! I am so happy for you!
Thanks, hon! I have to say, it looks a lot better than my previous one. I'm actually a bit shocked at just how much better it looks! It's funny when you compare them side by side how much more obvious it all becomes.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #148
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks, hon! I have to say, it looks a lot better than my previous one. I'm actually a bit shocked at just how much better it looks! It's funny when you compare them side by side how much more obvious it all becomes.
That how I felt with I got my my K4B after using a K4S for a year.
My text could be alot darker but other than that I'm happy with my Paperwhite.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #149
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
WiFi PW unit with active content bug on mine

Quote:
Well, this is a 3G one, not wi-fi. This one is B01B 1502 as compared to my last 3G which was a 1501. I can say with certainty this PW looks better than my friend's wifi 603. We already compared them. I'd be curious if anyone has a 3G 503 or 603? Or maybe the numbers are different with the 3G's? I really don't know.

This one does appear new, (No R on the box) but again, who can really say. I just know it's definitely better than the one I was using previously.
I have a WiFi PW unit with the first 8 numbers as B024 1501 with a great looking screen but a bug where it cannot run active content. I've been reluctent to trade it in for a new one due to all the screen display problems.

I'll just settle for using my apps on my KFHD7-32 until I buy a PW2 unit next September.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #150
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
Quote:
Just got my PW. Well, this is definitely the best one I have had so far. It still has very faint color hue issues though. I remain convinced I would see this on all of them. I have to strain to really see them on this one, but I can tell they are they when the light is up very bright. It's beyond strange to me why they keep thinking it's fixed and keep calling to send me a new one.

However, on a positive note, the contrast on this one is definitely much improved, the text is darker and more crisp. Also, the light is significantly better and the background is significantly whiter. So... some positives. I was quite shocked when I put it next to my current Paperwhite, which I've been pretty happy with, but wow, what a huge difference seeing them next to each other.

This new one makes my old Paperwhite background look murky, darker and very pink. The background on this new one is shockingly so much whiter. I will be keeping this one. So they do seem to have improved the PW quite a lot since my last one, but the color hue problem persists. Albeit to a much lesser degree, at least on this particular one.
I'm glad you got a good one! It sounds a lot like mine. The hues are there but I really have to look for them. I'd love to see a picture of yours if you are able to upload one.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote