Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
Poisoneve
Poisoneve began at the beginning.

Device: Palm, PSP
Where do I find/buy danish ebooks?

A friend of mine is moving to Kopenhagen soon and I'd like to guve her a danish ebook as a farewell gift. But I don't know where I find good Danish books, preferably even children's books.

Thanks so much for your help!
Poisoneve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Stanart
Addict
Stanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the roughStanart is a jewel in the rough

Device: Handspring Visor, Sony PRS-500 Reader
Project Gutenberg has some books in Danish.
Stanart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
marcdh
Banned
marcdh can extract oil from cheesemarcdh can extract oil from cheesemarcdh can extract oil from cheesemarcdh can extract oil from cheesemarcdh can extract oil from cheesemarcdh can extract oil from cheesemarcdh can extract oil from cheesemarcdh can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Arkiv for Dansk Litteratur - 70 traditional Danish authors from Andersen to Kierkegaard. Scanned facsimiles, plain text or downloadable files (XSQL) for offline use. (Not really 'handy' formats, but might be of use in a way
marcdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 03:42 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Poisoneve. There doesn't seem to be much around in Danish apart from public domain works.

The problem is, I think, down to the limited market for even paper books in Danish. There are so many English readers within Denmark that Danish ebooks would present pretty dismal commercial potential for publishers.

The top-ten lists are frequently dominated by treebooks in English. And I'm told by a Danish book-translator friend who works for a major Danish house that to reach the top slot in either language frequently requires no more than a few hundred sales.

Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote