Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What scares you most on Mobile Read?
squirrels and/or otters, etc (llamaworms included here) 2 5.71%
psockpuppets (or any avatar bandwagon you might come back to see has invaded the board and you got left behind, again) 4 11.43%
the blue one next to the fish 6 17.14%
SPAIN! or, conversely, PORTUGAL! 0 0%
ridiculous polls 0 0%
donuts (or the lack thereof) 1 2.86%
seriously thoughtful topics 2 5.71%
toaster jokes you don't understand 0 0%
randomly disappearing members that require all out searches 7 20.00%
Not understanding, or being able to answer, Friday questions 3 8.57%
Other (as usual, please explain) 4 11.43%
Clowns 1 2.86%
Keelhaulling 3 8.57%
Lack of naps 2 5.71%
Finding Fred 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
What? Clowns and keelhauling have always been there.
Well, would you look at that! It's poll fairy magic!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
arg ! non-multiple choice polls are my kryptonite !! the indecision, it is killing me !! luckily i'm not actually afraid of most of those things. but still !!!

(congratulations on reaching the big one three zeroes ! ("zeros" ?? hm, neither one of those look right to me right now. i think i need a nap. why can't we vote for "fear of not being able to take a nap" ???)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #18
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
I had to choose "Other", too! I just couldn't decide which to pick and then started stressing about why I couldn't decide and then I was afraid I would never be able to make a decision ever again and if I can make a decision in this pole how am I ever going to decide what to cook for dinner tomorrow night which seems to be my family's biggest concern with regards to me and if I can't decide what to cook for dinner how can I decide what to buy at the grocery store and if I can't decide what to buy at the grocery store I won't be able to make any purchases and if I can't make any purchases I'll plunge my country right back in the middle of the worst recession in history.

Okay. . .maybe I need to breathe once in a while.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #19
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I had to choose "Other", too! I just couldn't decide which to pick and then started stressing about why I couldn't decide and then I was afraid I would never be able to make a decision ever again and if I can make a decision in this pole how am I ever going to decide what to cook for dinner tomorrow night which seems to be my family's biggest concern with regards to me and if I can't decide what to cook for dinner how can I decide what to buy at the grocery store and if I can't decide what to buy at the grocery store I won't be able to make any purchases and if I can't make any purchases I'll plunge my country right back in the middle of the worst recession in history.

Okay. . .maybe I need to breathe once in a while.
Hey, weren't you the one having trouble reading Marc's post because you got out of breath from the lack of punctuation? I really hope you don't hold your breath when you type! And I really hope you don't feel so concerned about everything, it's just not healthy!

I voted Keelhaul, but I love the keelhauler.
Although now that I'm thinking about it, Adrian would've got my vote! :shiver:
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #20
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I chose "seriously thoughtful topics", because they often get political, and nothing detracts from the lovely landscape of the wonderful world of MobileRead than a political knife fight. Although I admit that against my better judgment I joined a couple of those discussions. I always regretted it.

I have ready now a quick response for those topics:
Donnageddon has an extremely strong opinion on {insert political topic here} but he only shares those opinions on political blogs where he has no pang of guilt for jumping down the throat of the numbskull {insert political opponent here} and pulling our their appendix.

Have a nice day
BTW Happy 1000th post GracieK!!! Great job!

Last edited by Donnageddon; 08-26-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 AM   #21
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I am now celebrating my 1001st post. It's not as much fun

Thank you all for the well wishes about my 1000th post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Grace, I'm holding out until all of the options are out. You know how these polls go, there is always a request for another option and then the poll fairy has to come and fix things.

WDE.
as I see the poll fairy has! good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
other... trolls
I *almost* put that there, just for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
arg ! non-multiple choice polls are my kryptonite !! the indecision, it is killing me !! luckily i'm not actually afraid of most of those things. but still !!! *SNIP*
why can't we vote for "fear of not being able to take a nap" ???)
and you, wearing green, can change those things!

Did something else change about this thread too? I peeked at it on my blackberry this morning, and it just doesn't look the same, somehow.... must be old age, now that I'm in my thousands....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #22
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post

Thank you all for the well wishes about my 1000th post!
OMG I missed that - although it's even in the thread title ! Apparently I got too distracted with hunting evil, evil avatar thieves. Congrats to you, GraceKrispy!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:14 AM   #23
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
OMG I missed that - although it's even in the thread title ! Apparently I got too distracted with hunting evil, evil avatar thieves. Congrats to you, GraceKrispy!
Hehe, it's ok! Your pretty bow was blocking the brain signal. Love the little miss vr btw! Revenge is a dish best served with a bow, eh?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:18 AM   #24
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
My answer would be "boredom" but there's no such thing in the lounge, you know with that thieving dog crusade going on. It's like finding Fred all over again.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #25
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
that's okay, soon you can celebrate your 2000th, i bet that will be twice as much fun !

Quote:
as I see the poll fairy has! good!
you can't be sure of much in this world, but you can always count on the poll fairy.

Quote:
and you, wearing green, can change those things!
technically, even the poll fairy can't make a non-multiple choice poll into a multiple choice poll. something to keep in mind for all future polls. (but i might make a wish for the poll-fairy to add "lack of naps" )

Quote:
Hehe, it's ok! Your pretty bow was blocking the brain signal. Love the little miss vr btw! Revenge is a dish best served with a bow, eh?
(i love that bow too !)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
My answer would be "boredom" but there's no such thing in the lounge, you know with that thieving dog crusade going on. It's like finding Fred all over again.
what ? who's fred ? and how did he escape ?? sheesh, have i been gone that long ? i only went to sleep for a few hours !!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #26
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Who is this Fred we're supposed to be afraid of finding?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Who is this Fred we're supposed to be afraid of finding?
i'd like to know that myself ! perhaps yvan has a new imaginary fred.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #28
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I had an infestation of imaginary Freds a while back. Little suckers are devils to get out of the carpeting...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:24 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I had an infestation of imaginary Freds a while back. Little suckers are devils to get out of the carpeting...
fiou ! good thing i don't have any carpets here ! i hope you got that trouble cleared up ! how did you get rid of them ? imaginary fred-be-gone ?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #30
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Isn't this a Fred - what we're all posting to??
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote