Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
ttrue88
ttrue88 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can't add Books

HI,

Have read a few threads of people having a similar issue, but the fixes don’t work. This is a new Sony Vaio, Windows 8. I installed Calibre ver. 0.9.7
I tried to add a pdf 2775 kb in size. I’ve used the program awhile and never saw a book take so long to add. Noticed the progression circle in the lower right corner was not moving. After 25 minutes I aborted. I can’t get anything to add to the program, text files, pdf, mobi. Won’t add single books or by Folder. It will add an empty book.

I did uninstall the program and try 3 older versions, same results. I even logged in as Administrator, got the same results. Does Windows 8 not like the program?
Oh just got an error finally while adding 1 book:

ERROR: Adding failed: The add books process seems to have hung. Try restarting calibre and adding the books in smaller increments, until you find the problem book.

TIA for any help.
ttrue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Is it just this one file or any file at all?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
ttrue88

Any and all files. Txt, Doc, PDF, Mobi.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Disable your anti-virus.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
ttrue88

I had not had a chance to install Anti-virus yet, and had uninstalled the bloatware AV on the laptop. During troubleshooting yesterday I did exit the Comodo firewall I had installed to no effect.
Today I uninstalled Comodo rebooted and the Books added perfectly to Calibre!
I reinstalled Comodo just now and tested adding a book again. Worked great. Like the program always does. So I must of screwed up blocking Calibre in Comodo somehow.
I appreciate your jumping into help. I was getting upset! Thank you.
Advert