Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Streaming movies from your network to your tablet

Streaming movies is possible and very easy with most honeycomb tablets on the market right now. Some have system app aiming at doing just that from the box (clear fi for acer for instance, but other brands have also their own streaming programs on board).
Or you can use the combination of 2 apps : upnplay + moboplayer does wonders, which is why I used it until yesterday.
What I did not know, but do now, and thought I should share: ES File Manager allows you to scroll through your home network and select any file you have in your public folders. Most tablets will be able from ES File Manager to open and read avis directly with their onboard videoplayer, if not moboplayer, qqplayer or yxplayer can help.
I am using this method now and it works really well.

Last edited by aceflor; 07-22-2011 at 08:58 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Thanks, it's good to know all the options available out there.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Indeed! Cool info - thanks for posting
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are all welcome. I thought I could post an interesting information, with no polemical effect, and that on top of it happens to be useful AND real at the same time.
Wow, I know!

Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
You are all welcome. I thought I could post an interesting information, with no polemical effect, and that on top of it happens to be useful AND real at the same time.
Wow, I know!

It feels almost off-topic, but I like it. Giving ES File Explorer a look now, thanks.

Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Are you holding your tablet through the whole movie, or is it set on some sort of stand?

No matter how light, they will tire your hands and wrists out.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (TF101) has builtin support for DLNA streaming with
their "MyNet" app. It works as both a server and as a client. It also includes the TF101's
local storage in the media files it displays. It is easy to setup a DLNA server on any of your PCs. There are also many devices that use DLNA to serve or recieve media, including NAS and external drive enclosures, and some Set Top Box (STB)s.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer (TF101) has builtin support for DLNA streaming with
their "MyNet" app. It works as both a server and as a client. It also includes the TF101's
local storage in the media files it displays. It is easy to setup a DLNA server on any of your PCs. There are also many devices that use DLNA to serve or recieve media, including NAS and external drive enclosures, and some Set Top Box (STB)s.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks Ken, I knew the TF had one on board app too, I could not remember its name.
Now, has the Xoom one too ? I did not see it while I had one in my hands, but I admit it was only for a few minutes so I did not get to try everything... Anyone with a Xoom, can you help ?

Last edited by aceflor; 07-23-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 AM   #10
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
The Xoom has no inbuilt DLNA streaming. But there are apps that can handle it.

I use the free app upnplayer/ to stream media from my nas. The nas has a DLNA-compliant media server. I tried a lot of other apps on the Xoom, but most failed. Upnplayer is a little rough, but actually works. Any info about other working (on Honeycomb) upnp-apps are welcome.

Last edited by Adoby; 07-23-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #11
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've not tried any of this with my Xoom, but Googling found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lients#Android
Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 AM   #12
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
The Xoom has no inbuilt DLNA streaming. But there are apps that can handle it.

I use the free app upnplayer/ to stream media from my nas. The nas has a DLNA-compliant media server. I tried a lot of other apps on the Xoom, but most failed. Upnplayer is a little rough, but actually works. Any info about other working (on Honeycomb) upnp-apps are welcome.
Have you tried the ES File Manager in place of upnplay ? I use it also as a file manager, and since upnplay did sometime (seldom, I admit) FC on me, I just erased it from my Iconia and use only ES File Manager, that allows me to play some avis that the combo upnplay + moboplayer never managed to play.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #13
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
OT, not about the thread, but +1 with ES File Manager. Love it.

EDIT: Oooops...my bad! I meant of course ES File Explorer. sorry...

Last edited by lestatar; 07-23-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: correction...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #14
kennyc

ES File EXPLORER?

I'm not finding ES File MANAGER?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #15
aceflor
Wizard

Shoot. Yes, Sorry, ES File Explorer (by my own admission, I am a dork sometime)