Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
nivlac
nivlac began at the beginning.

Device: nivlac7@hotmail.com
how to print a doc to PDF with selectable text?

hiya,

anyone know how to print a doc (with selectable text) into PDF with selectable text. ie it shouldnt be a flatten image when in PDF....

been trying all the different formats... cant seem to get it to work.
nivlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nivlac View Post
hiya,

anyone know how to print a doc (with selectable text) into PDF with selectable text. ie it shouldnt be a flatten image when in PDF....

been trying all the different formats... cant seem to get it to work.
I'm not sure I understand the question. Have you tried printing to a pdf print driver. I use Bullzip, which is free to convert Word documents to pdf and the text in the resulting pdf is both selectable and searchable.

What format is your source in?
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I use doPDF. Before that i used PDF Creator. Both programs add a "virtual" printer to your system. Printing to that printer produces a PDF file. That way you can "convert" virtually any document/web page to PDF.

PS those programs are for windows.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
My choice for years has been PrimoPDF, a virtual printer like the others already mentioned.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote