Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Converting an Epub Catalog to RTF Problem

I have a Calibre Catalog (Authors only) which I generated as an Epub. I like the formate of the Epub Catgalog and I want to print it out using my Open Office Writer. So I ran the Calibre 'Convert Books' set with Epub Input and RTF Output.

When opened with my Oo Writer there is an extra line break after each book and two after each series and each author. I have tried to find out how to modify the settings in the convertor options but have not been able to eliminate all the extra line breaks. I also tried to find a Find and Replace in Oo that works and failed there too.

Any idea where i am going wrong or how to solve this?
(and with over 2400 books, I really don't want to manually delete the extra line breaks)
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert to PDF instead (remeber to set the page size appropirtely in the PDF output section of the conversion dialog) and print that directly. Or use the Print button in the calibre ebook viewer.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Convert to PDF instead (remeber to set the page size appropirtely in the PDF output section of the conversion dialog) and print that directly. Or use the Print button in the calibre ebook viewer.
Thanks, Kovid,
But I'm trying to print a special paper size for my wife's small binder.
The PDF output and/or the Calibre ebook viewer print don't appear to offer the 'custom' paper sizes I need to format. Then I need the mirror function etc.

Anyway to get a to a custom paper size menu? That's why I was trying to get the RTF into Oo Writer.. so I could access the expanded print capabilities. My PDF printer has the same shortcoming...
Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The calibre PDF output can generate any paper size at all (except on OS X) there's a big old custom size option under PDF Output in the conversion dialog.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The calibre PDF output can generate any paper size at all (except on OS X) there's a big old custom size option under PDF Output in the conversion dialog.
Duh, Tom!!! Custom right in front of me!!!

Yes that does resize but I'm not smart enough to get the printing right on my Canon printer.
I'm using 3.75"x6.75", 6 hole paper and need to set up mirror margins etc for some printing on both sides for my wife's book.
I have done that stuff before with spreadsheets via Open Office or MS Word as they have the fancy page set up to do all of that stuff. I'll keep working on it.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Remember to set your output profile to default before fiddling with custom sizes, other wise they will not have any effect.