Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #16
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
PS, if I didn't have a two year old and a lot of writing to do, I'd contact Smashwords and suggest I set up a UK version... If nobody's done that in a couple of years, I probably will.

Cheers

MTM
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #17
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I don't have one in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the UK tax return form has a section for any income from overseas work that has been taxed at source?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #18
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by M T McGuire View Post
I do keep coming up against this completely bizarre attitude that the US is the only english-speaking market. What about SA, Oz, NZ, India... oh yeh and Britain, those populations must add up to a bit more than 250 billion.
Wow! The world population must have increased a lot while I wasn't watching.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
meromana
Zealot
meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.meromana can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: my laptop
As usual, the tax collectors are doing everything they can to muck up the free economy, and in the process do as they always do--end up hurting the economy, which in the long run, means LESS revenue for them.

All of the governments are going to have to start re-thinking their foreign income policies, as the internet is turning us into one great big world-wide economy faster than they'll ever be able to keep up.

--Maria
meromana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:48 AM   #20
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Unless the system has changed recently, I always found that foreign income taxed-at-source wasn't liable to local tax (at least not in th UK, France and Italy where I've lived by work my work for major US and Australian publishers). If not taxed-at-source, you're liable for local inland revenue taxes on 90% of foreign earnings. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #21
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
Wow! The world population must have increased a lot while I wasn't watching.
Yeh yeh, mock the afflicted so the population of the UK is 60 with a lot of noughts on it (million, I presume from your reply) and the US is 250 with a lot of noughts on (also assuming I should have said million not billion)... billion schmillion, I have discalcula (that's dyslexia in numbers) either way, what I'm saying is that the two english speaking areas, the US versus everywhere else in the world where they speak English (including the country where the language originated) must be about equal ergo, that's 50% of their market these guys are ignoring. In the States... where they are legendary at selling coal to miners...

Er... where was I? Oh yes, here's some useful info... if you use your own ISBN with LuLu there's no witholding - I asked them - which is nice.

Cheers

MTM
Old 08-14-2010, 03:53 AM   #22
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
maybe I should just bite the bullet and do the paperwork. the only thing is I can't finish my book!
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
M T McGuire
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I don't have one in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the UK tax return form has a section for any income from overseas work that has been taxed at source?
I've heard from a couple of people that letting other countries have their cut and declaring it that way is a better bet, I probably will.

Cheers

MTM