Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
fraincs
fraincs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Pdf Embed Bug

I've was reading a pdf on my kindle since a few days. Suddenly when I try to open it i get a message that says Pdf Embed not supported yet by Kindle. Since then I can't open any book they load but I see nothing except the title of the pdf that bugs. Even if I try to open another book. I tried to restart my kindle to no avail. Any suggestion what to try?
fraincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
First, are you doing a full restart - slide the power button to the right and HOLD it for 30-40 seconds or if you can get to the menu, Home, Menu, Settings, Menu Again, and select Restart.

Also you can try hooking up to a computer and find and delete the "bad" book/pdf file.

Good luck.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
fraincs

worked thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which option worked? And glad something did.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
fraincs

A full restart did the job and I can read that pdf again without a problem... strange.
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
FF2
Wizard

Thanks for replying.

I was a computer programmer many years ago. I am never amazed that they don't always perform perfectly. Glad it started working again with the exact same pdf file.

Tags
pdf embed