Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 06:44 AM   #1
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Cruel or Cool

I stumbled on these images while looking for something else and to be honest I am torn a little between Cruel and cool. On the one hand none of this is permanent, and in a few months the hair will grow out, on the other hand some of these pets can't go out in public with out their peers laughing uncontrollably.

So I put it to you, Cruel or Cool?

Cats:

Dogs: (Some of these maybe reposts sorry)

This is just a small sample, so what do you think?
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It is a bit cruel but some of the looks are definately cool! I love the Punk dog style
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
poor animals! i certainly wouldn't want to be painted in such a way @_@
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #4
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
It is a bit cruel but some of the looks are definately cool! I love the Punk dog style
The more I look at them the more I want a Chihuahua just so I can give him a toupee look

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
poor animals! i certainly wouldn't want to be painted in such a way @_@
Never wear makeup?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
no, i only wear makeup on special occasions like weddings. i don't like it very much.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #6
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Me too, I really hate the whole lip stick/lip gloss thing, takes me ages......errrmmmm never mind!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I think the plaid cat while impressive is photoshopped. any other cat that is seriously altered in their grooming would almost certainly have to be drugged!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
My first thought was "Oh that poor Siamese!" because in my experience they're way too dignified to appreciate that. But I think KK's right. Most cats I know (and I've had dozens over my lifetime) would have to be drugged to let you do that to them. Our longhair (Buddy) even hates being brushed, no way he'd sit still for something like that.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I think the plaid cat while impressive is photoshopped. any other cat that is seriously altered in their grooming would almost certainly have to be drugged!
I agree. Photoshopped. The lines are too perfect. How would any cat put up with that? In fact I think the first three pics are photoshopped.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
My dog loves to get his hair done- well, not so much the cutting and styling, but the attention and t-r-e-a-t-s he gets after. I could probably dye his hair if I wanted to, he's very tolerant of being beautified, he knows that cookies will be had if he sits nicely for whatever the groomer does.

Schnauzers are notoriously stubborn and opinionated dogs; he would let me know in no uncertain terms if he was really unhappy about getting haircuts. I figure if he's still happy to see his groomer after the last visit, he can't mind so much.

I also suspect photoshop, in which case the kitty pics are cruelty-free.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I also suspect photoshop, in which case the kitty pics are cruelty-free.
Until the cat sees the picture on the internet
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #12
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

After some more digging, I'm going to agree that the cats are photoshoped. I haven't found any video of these cats and I'm sure if they were real there would be video.

If you can find video, I'm sure we would all like to see it.

The dogs other than perhaps embarrassing them I see nothing wrong with it, poodles have been made to look ridiculous for years and no one seems to upset.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #13
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
I am almost positive those cats are photoshopped as I have seen pics like that before - and fell for it myself - only to find out later that I had been had. Snopes thinks so too.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:49 AM   #14
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
As long as it isn't something toxic that cats can ingest, I think it's pretty harmless. I used to have a solid black Turkish Angora that I always wanted to paint like this one:

but with white instead of purple. Perhaps, I watched too many episodes of Pepe Le Pew. I like this one also

Some of them just look ridiculous.

I'd still consider striping my kitty if I ever desired it enough to try it, but my cat now has such a gorgeous coat, I can't imagine anything making it look more beautiful. It's hard to believe I adopted her as an adult stray.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Guinness readers.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	67433   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4540.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	915.1 KB
ID:	67435  

Last edited by SolRaven; 02-27-2011 at 02:04 AM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #15
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

She's beautiful, I have always adopted cats, I can't imagine buying one. Having said that I would love a Bengel, but here they run about $1000USD (sometimes you see them cheaper but I suspect their true parentage may not be as advertised)

Personally if the dye isn't going to hurt the cat then the worst you would do to them is have them be upset by the process, but I can't see it being to hard on them.

Tags
ridiculous