Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
dazza252
dazza252 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
How to create encrypted mobi?!

Hello mobile read,

I’m new to the e-publishing game but as a graphic designer have
over the last month I have struggled to hopefully get to grips with the indesign to epub format. Taking the ebup file apart, hand coding etc

I am now being asked to supply the file as an encrypted Mobi file?!

I know you can use calibre to convert from epub to mobi but it’s not encrypted.

If I go to Amazon and upload a mobi that way my book will go on sale via Amazon direct and I need it to be supplied by a third party.

Can any body please shed some light on this?

Thank you in advance

Dazza252
dazza252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Looking at the MobiPocket web site I find this

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...asp?feature=18

Not sure this helps or not.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
dazza252
dazza252 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thanks,

I’ll give it a try and let you know how I get on.
dazza252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza252 View Post
If I go to Amazon and upload a mobi that way my book will go on sale via Amazon direct and I need it to be supplied by a third party.

Can any body please shed some light on this?
Encryption has to be applied by the store selling the ebook. But you'll probably need to use Mobipocket Creator to create the Mobipocket format ebook in a form suitable for encrypting.

But I'm not sure who you'll sell to. I think the secure Mobipocket market (as opposed to the Kindle market) is very small indeed.

And, of course, Mobipocket DRM is entire ineffective, and any DRM is probably counter-productive.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote