Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
747sardine
747sardine began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
PRS 300: Duplicate titles on reader (and growing!)

Hi there,

I am a proud new owner of the pocket reader and I am loving it. But it seems that every time I plug it into my PC it copies across another copy of each of the books I have on my PC. Its up to 4 copies of every book.

I have the latest windows reader SW and purchased the books through the sony book store.

If I delete one of the duplicate copies from the reader, when I synch up, it deletes all copies.

Any suggestions?
747sardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Turn off sync. In my experience it causes more problems than it solves.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Turn off sync. In my experience it causes more problems than it solves.
+1 I don't use the Sony software, but it's just to easy for sync to become "confused".
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
747sardine
747sardine began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
I was kind of leaning that way. Maybe I should flip over to Calibre.

Thanks for the tips
747sardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Depending on how many files you have to handle, simply drag and drop from PC to reader and back may work for you too. I use the Sony software only to create collections :-)
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert