Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Reader Doesn't Show in the eBook Library

I plug the USB cable into my laptop and 505 yet the reader doesn't show in the eBook Library. So I unplug it and try again and still it doesn't show. After a few attempts it does. Anybody ever have this problem?

And I know I have a good connection from the start as the little red light on the top of the 505 comes on and the Reader screen goes blank with the words USB Connected showing in the margin at the bottom. But the reader doesn't show in the eBook Library
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
BBRags
Connoisseur
BBRags began at the beginning.

Device: None
When you open the Windows explorer, does the 505 show up as a drive? Have you tried rebooting the PC?
BBRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Explorer Removable Disc E: I find 'database', 'Digital Editions' and 'Tmp"

I have tried rebooting the PC but that doesn't seem to make any difference. But, like I said, once I've disconnected the 505 a couple of times and then reconnected, the reader comes up
Old 12-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #4
BBRags
Connoisseur

The 505 shows up in the Windows Explorer even when the Sony Library doesn't see it?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, if that's what Removable Disc E means.
Advert
Old 12-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I plug the USB cable into my laptop and 505 yet the reader doesn't show in the eBook Library. So I unplug it and try again and still it doesn't show. After a few attempts it does. Anybody ever have this problem?
How long do you wait? Windows can take it's time to do some things sometimes.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Ten or 20 minutes to test it. Only thing that seems to work is disconnecting and reconnecting it three or four times. Usually by the 3rd time it shows the reader.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
BBRags
Connoisseur

Do you have any other programs that recognize the Sony reader - like Adobe Digital Editions? Do any of those programs see the 505 when the Sony Library doesn't?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, I just checked and although I have my 505 connected, the eBook Library does not show the reader but ADE does
Old 12-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #10
BBRags
Connoisseur

Since nothing else works, I'd recommend reinstalling the Sony Library (uninstall it first). I don't know what that does to the stored books. I've never had to do that yet.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
what kind of windows are you using?
i know from my own usb problems, that sometimes usb-ports and usb-devices are not working with windows xp.
since changing to windows vista, i don't have that kind of problems.

If you are using xp - just run a support cd to get the usb-driver new installed.
that helped me with xp.

take care
harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote