Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #46
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks!

EDIT:
Oh, no. The first review on Amazon says
Quote:
...but WHAT ABOUT THE ROMANCE??? Yes it is a sub plot but I would say it is the biggest one and Elconin clearly knows how teenage relationships work.
Egads. I think this one is probably not for me

Last edited by queentess; 12-22-2010 at 04:45 PM.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:23 AM   #47
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Can I suggest The Mysterious Case of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon. It's a great book - as good for adults as teenagers, about a 15 year old boy with Asperges syndrome. Very readable. Hard to put down. Funny and poignant, and something he should be able to relate to very easily.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #48
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Thanks!

EDIT:
Oh, no. The first review on Amazon says

Egads. I think this one is probably not for me
There is about as much romance (or less actually) as there is in The Hunger Games. Without spoiling too much I will say, there is a girl among a bunch of boys, and yes the main character starts to like her. There isn't really anything else. I can't remember, but I don't think they even kissed. There is probably just as much romance in the later Percy Jackson books.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #49
JoelArnold
Fanatic
JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoelArnold ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke King View Post
Can I suggest The Mysterious Case of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon. It's a great book - as good for adults as teenagers, about a 15 year old boy with Asperges syndrome. Very readable. Hard to put down. Funny and poignant, and something he should be able to relate to very easily.
I really enjoyed that novel. It's a very unique point of view and well done.
JoelArnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #50
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Gravity's Rainbow. ok not really.

Early Stephen King may be worth considering; like pre-1985.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #51
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
Gravity's Rainbow. ok not really.

Early Stephen King may be worth considering; like pre-1985.
Ooo, yes! Pet Semetary, Eyes of the Dragon, Gunslinger, Salem's Lot... (Eyes of the Dragon being my favorite)
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #52
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Though I'd probably not mention the fact that every single one of those early King books was written on a cocaine binge.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #53
BenBanned
Groupie
BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Ooo, yes! Pet Semetary, Eyes of the Dragon, Gunslinger, Salem's Lot... (Eyes of the Dragon being my favorite)
I especially remember enjoying Eyes of the Dragon when I was younger.
BenBanned is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, boys, teens, vampires