Notices

Old 10-08-2014, 03:58 AM   #1
JoelH
Enthusiast
JoelH began at the beginning.

Device: none
Send to Pocketbook. How is it working?

Hello

I want to know how send to Pocketbook is working.
Any good?

Can someone point me to more info?
Or a note about axperience...

J
JoelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
serge76_fr
Enthusiast
serge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmos

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux and Inkpad
Hello,

Send to Pocketbook allows you to send ebooks by email to your device with a specific address linked to the ereader. The adress is written in that way : "yourname@pbsync.com".

The following steps are required to activate the service :
- connect your ereader to Internet,
- launch the Send-to-pocketbook app
- Type in your email address and a password

You will receive a registration link by mail to activate the service. After the activation, Pocketbook will send you the specific address linked to your device.

Using the service is easy : you just have to attach the ebook you want to add on your device and send the mail to the address given by Pocketbook.

In my opinion, the service is usefull only if you want to send ebooks to somebody else's ereader, in particular people who are not very comfortable with computers. I used it two or three times since I bought my ereader in May 2013.
The Dropbox app or Calibre are more efficient to load books on the device.
serge76_fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:09 AM   #3
JoelH
Enthusiast
JoelH began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge76_fr View Post
Hello,

Send to Pocketbook allows you to send ebooks by email to your device with a specific address linked to the ereader. The adress is written in that way : "yourname@pbsync.com".

The following steps are required to activate the service :
- connect your ereader to Internet,
- launch the Send-to-pocketbook app
- Type in your email address and a password

You will receive a registration link by mail to activate the service. After the activation, Pocketbook will send you the specific address linked to your device.

Using the service is easy : you just have to attach the ebook you want to add on your device and send the mail to the address given by Pocketbook.

In my opinion, the service is usefull only if you want to send ebooks to somebody else's ereader, in particular people who are not very comfortable with computers. I used it two or three times since I bought my ereader in May 2013.
The Dropbox app or Calibre are more efficient to load books on the device.

Thank you.
Is there a way to read articles from internet ofline?
Like the InstaPaper, or Pocket (Kobo uses the Pocket service)
http://getpocket.com

J
JoelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
serge76_fr
Enthusiast
serge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmosserge76_fr has become one with the cosmos

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux and Inkpad
The device has its own RSS feeds reader, PocketNews. Loaded feeds with titles and short desciptions can be read offline but you have to go online to read the articles (I haven't found any option to store them). As the web browser is very slow, it is not very convenient.

Last edited by serge76_fr; 10-12-2014 at 06:18 PM.
serge76_fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #5
anonymust
Book Reader
anonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavensanonymust is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Pocketbook *** (Touch HD 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge76_fr View Post
The device has its own RSS feeds reader, PocketNews. Loaded feeds with titles and short descriptions can be read offline but you have to go online to read the articles (I haven't found any option to store them). As the web browser is very slow, it is not very convenient.

There is an plugin/extension for Calibre which downloads the full articles into one PDF/ePub file when the RSS feed is fetched, but it doesnt save Images from the article from my experience
anonymust is offline   Reply With Quote