Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #436
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Is this PI available at the CLI via calibre-debug and what arguments do I need to know about.

If anyone can post an example of using this PI at the CLI that would be much appreciated.
Reviewing the first post in a Plugin thread generally answers questions such as these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Running from command line:
  • It is possible to run most of the functions of this plugin from the command line using a python script that is bundled inside the zip file. This allows users to use a feature such as smarten punctuation against an ePub without having to add it to the calibre GUI. Note that the command line script still requires that calibre and the Modify ePub plugin are installed as per usual - it just avoids requiring the books to be added to calibre and interactive gui clicks.
  • To make use of the command line script, open the zip file and extract the me.py file along with the readme.txt and follow the instructions within.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #437
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't use the CLI myself but if you look inside the Modify ePub.zip archive there is a directory called commandline. There are some examples and documentation in there. The me.py file shows all the various commandline options.
Now why didn't I think of looking there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Reviewing the first post in a Plugin thread generally answers questions such as these.
You might not want to believe this - but the first place I looked was behind the version history spoiler, then I looked at all the posts since March

I was looking for something similar to what I had already found for one of JimmXinu's PI's with search "plugins command line" here

But why did I not see first post in search - it was a post search in date order - I think that would be date of original post not date of last change - interesting.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-08-2013 at 10:59 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #438
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I was looking for something similar to what I had already found for one of JimmXinu's PI's with search "plugins command line" here
JimmXinu also includes the info from the linked post in the first post of his plugin thread. Keeping the first post up to date is traditional.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:08 AM   #439
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
JimmXinu also includes the info from the linked post in the first post of his plugin thread. Keeping the first post up to date is traditional.
Yes I know, I should have seen it - its just above Version History - but I didn't, I'm a human, I sometimes overlook the bleedin' obvious - feel free to transfer all my Karma points to yourself - trade them in on some Bitcoins and buy some Greek bonds

In the first post of EPUBMerge JimmXinu has a line in Version History, details of the CLI behind a spoiler and a post in the thread - he set my expectations - but he's not to be blamed for my mistakes either.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #440
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
In the first post of EPUBMerge JimmXinu has a line in Version History, details of the CLI behind a spoiler and a post in the thread - he set my expectations - but he's not to be blamed for my mistakes either.
Good thing, too. I make enough mistakes all on my own.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #441
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
I've just been tidying a lot of my older entries in calibe/Sigil and have found quite a lot of the fonts in older epubs are set sized (#pt), how feasible would it be to have an option to Remap Fonts in css to 'em' values, with a preferred default base size (I usually use 1.2em - bad eyes), any 'body' or 'p' font at pt size would get remapped to this and any others as % of em's

So say a test epub has a body font set to 10pt, that would get remapped to default base size (1.2em) and any other font-size: #pt; would get remapped to appropriate values.

Going in and changing by hand takes a considerable amount of time - especially as old epubs were often badly coded (quite often having hundreds of font-size entries - especially if converted from an office doc).
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #442
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Perkin,
A calibre conversion (with suitable settings on the Look&Feel page) should be able to do that for you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #443
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@Perkin,
A calibre conversion (with suitable settings on the Look&Feel page) should be able to do that for you.
All the layout is excellent, just the size needs to be rescaled - and able to be scalable in reader (#em not #pt), which the Look & Feel settings embed
Old 06-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #444
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
All the layout is excellent, just the size needs to be rescaled - and able to be scalable in reader (#em not #pt), which the Look & Feel settings embed
Yes, that's what I meant. I think conversions change pts to ems. At least mine seem to. I have 'Disable font size rescaling' UNCHECKED. I also have 'Base font-size' set to 12pt which gives an overall body size of 1em. So if you want 1.2em try a base around 14.5pt.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #445
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Use Tweak Book and then edit the CSS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #446
Perkin
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Use Tweak Book and then edit the CSS.
See earlier quote:
Quote:
Going in and changing by hand takes a considerable amount of time - especially as old epubs were often badly coded (quite often having hundreds of font-size entries - especially if converted from an office doc).
Old 06-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #447
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Then use Sigil as you can see in Bookview where the font sizes are incorrect.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #448
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Backup When Modifying

I've played with this plugin a bit (it easily beats my various bash & python scripts that I have been using for many of these tasks)

But the one thing I still need to run prior to using this is a script to create an original_epub file from the epub for any that are missing the original in my working library.

Is there any chance of adding a backup feature to the plugin, yes 95% of the time it may do what I want but on that other 5% it would be nice to just right click on the original_epub and select restore as with a conversion.
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #449
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrXca View Post
I've played with this plugin a bit (it easily beats my various bash & python scripts that I have been using for many of these tasks)

But the one thing I still need to run prior to using this is a script to create an original_epub file from the epub for any that are missing the original in my working library.

Is there any chance of adding a backup feature to the plugin, yes 95% of the time it may do what I want but on that other 5% it would be nice to just right click on the original_epub and select restore as with a conversion.
You do realize that you can search
Code:
formats:"=ORIGINAL_EPUB"
then edit the (book) metadata: right click on the format: 'ORIGINAL_EPUB' : restore
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #450
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You do realize that you can search
Code:
formats:"=ORIGINAL_EPUB"
then edit the (book) metadata: right click on the format: 'ORIGINAL_EPUB' : restore
I think you missed the point, my wish is for the Modify EPub plugin to CREATE an ORIGINAL_EPUB when you say 'yes' to replace the version in your library with the modified epub.

And FYI if your Book Details panel is visible, you don't need to go into metadata to restore anymore, just right click on the format and select restore....
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modify epub