Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-07-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
jim_digriz
jim_digriz began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770
Hello from Thornton-Cleveleys.

Hello.
Only just found this forum. I've been reading ebooks since I got a then new Psion series 3. (I liked the Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy type geekiness!)
I'm avidly following the Phillips Readius development!
JD.
jim_digriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hello, Jim, welcome to MR. I'm a near neighbour of yours (I live near Manchester), and have been a huge eBook fan for years. Currently the happy owner of a Sony Reader. I'm afraid I haven't heard of the "Phillips Readius" - what is it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It's a "roll-up" device that Phillips has been working on for about a year or so (that we know about), and it's supposedly finally seeing some daylight over in this thread.

Welcome to MobileRead, jim_digriz!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Oh yes, now I know what you mean - I've seen prototypes on various "gadget" shows. I get the impression that "roll up" screen are a way off yet.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
jim_digriz
jim_digriz began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770
Thanks for your reply. I do like the e-ink displays, but no spare cash at the mo to get one!
jim_digriz is offline   Reply With Quote