Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #34966
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Have a great time, desertblues! Will you write something on your blog?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
If you can find one with a Genie inside, get one for me too! And a flying carpet, but only if it has Cruise Control. (I understand that these can be a real pain without it.)

Stitchawl
Thanks Billi. Yes, I will do it when I get back. I will write 'en route', but don't know about wifi and things. I'll take my ipad; after experimenting with different things, I think will use Smart Office 2 or Pages. The latter doesn't sync. with dropbox.

Stich: he, he, he, unfortunately I am forbidden to take (another) carpet home, after the last big one that I bought in Iran.
I'll look hard for a lamp with a genie though........perhaps in the same bazaar as the flying carpet, who knows?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #34967
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Right now looking at a fire tornado pic...
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #34968
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Have a great time desertblues! Can you take snack foods with you, so you don't starve?

SS, that thing is scary! Is it near your area or are you just surfing around looking at pics?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #34969
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The food I had in Egypt was fine. The tea was crap....
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #34970
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
<snip>
SS, that thing is scary! Is it near your area or are you just surfing around looking at pics?
No not near us. Someone sent me the email. I think this one was near Alice Springs earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The food I had in Egypt was fine. The tea was crap....
I would have thought they would have great tea there. Can you take your own tea and get hot water?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #34971
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Reviewing my day.... I have to say, it was a VERY nice day!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kyomizu4.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	438.9 KB
ID:	96236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kyomizu7.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	96237   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kyomizu1.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	96238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kyomizu3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	286.0 KB
ID:	96239  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #34972
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Great pics as always. What more can I say, apart from wish I was there.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #34973
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
They probably do have great tea but what they served on the cruise and at the hotel was Lipton. I had brought my own tea bags so I was good.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #34974
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Great pics as always. What more can I say, apart from wish I was there.
Come on over! I'll give you the Grand Tour! We are as near as your neighborhood airport!

Stitchawl
Old 11-16-2012, 07:29 AM   #34975
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Come on over! I'll give you the Grand Tour! We are as near as your neighborhood airport!

Stitchawl
Be careful what you wish for.... I'd love to, my family would love to, my credit card, not so much.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #34976
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
listening to internet radio i enjoy the BBC radio immensely
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #34977
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Reviewing my day.... I have to say, it was a VERY nice day!

Stitchawl
Oh, these pictures are beautiful. I wish I could go there.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #34978
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Stitchawl
Well, I've been thinking about going back to Japan and I never got a chance to go to Kyoto so you can count this message as a warning.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #34979
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I've played tour guide to several 'Internet Friends,' both here in Japan and in Thailand. It's fun meeting people face to face that you've been in contact with for a few years only as an avatar.

If I'm on on an assignment, I'm more than happy to squire folks around for a few days. I get to see old familiar places through new eyes. I find it a wonderful experience for me! Unfortunately, here in Japan the apartments are tiny so I can't offer a bed (even we sleep on the floor,) but I certainly can offer my time and knowledge of where the best places to see are! Come on down!

Stitchawl
Old 11-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #34980
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You're way off the mark dude!
Unless you are being sarcastic (in which case I did not get it)
I live in the EU but I won't say where and you'll never find out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I read that post, then checked your location to see you were in the US states of either Colorado or Washington.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?