Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #31
Duodora
Enthusiast
Duodora began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook!
Oooh I am so there! (knowing my luck the sale will be over before I get off work and can order it) I really don't want the leather case tho (vegetarian...) but maybe someone on the boards would want it

Thanks for the info!
Duodora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #32
alia
Bookworm
alia began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
No problem! Hope you enjoy your Cybook as much as I enjoy mine
alia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodora View Post
Any reason not to by from bookeen if you live in the US? Shipping is $33--but that takes the total up to $383, but NAEB it's $375 without shipping...

Connie
I think you aren't comparing the same thing. With NAEB you get the Leather cover and a 2GB SD card and a charger. Perhaps Derrick from NAEB will clarify... but there is a thread somewhere with the diffs.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #34
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think you aren't comparing the same thing. With NAEB you get the Leather cover and a 2GB SD card and a charger. Perhaps Derrick from NAEB will clarify... but there is a thread somewhere with the diffs.

BOb
Yep. The plain-vanilla Cybook Gen3 comes without the softcover, without the charger, without the 1GB SD card. If you add that in, you're getting a better deal with NAEB. Order through NAEB.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #35
StephanieP
StephanieP has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Cybook Gen3
It's a shame I went ahead and ordered before I looked into all the alternatives. I didn't know about Naeb. Oh well, so long as I get my Cybook soon I suppose it's okay.

It's just a shame I paid an extra hundred bucks I didn't need to, just for an extra battery. I was half tempted to cancel my order through bookeen and switch to Naeb... but I used a debit card not a credit card and I don't know how well cancelling would work. At this point I'm not sure it's worth the extra hassle to save the money.

I suppose I know for the future, though.
StephanieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #36
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I am curious about whether the Cybook, as ordered through NAEB, can be sucessfully shipped to Peru.

....and, if so, without incurring any additional duty or tax...

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #37
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Yep. The plain-vanilla Cybook Gen3 comes without the softcover, without the charger, without the 1GB SD card. If you add that in, you're getting a better deal with NAEB. Order through NAEB.

Derek
To clarify, Books On Board provides the cover and the charger with the Cybook.

Not to say one shouldn't buy from NAEB.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #38
Duodora
Enthusiast
Duodora began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook!
Dunno--I still think I like the Books on Board deal a little bit better. I'd rather have $20 store credit than yet another SD card or another pair of headphones. But I definitely don't think either deal is bad!

I just can't wait until it comes >.>

Connie
Duodora is offline   Reply With Quote